"LIVE" Emerald Princess, Feb 12th to Feb 27th, LA to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

Thank you everyone for your responses.  Keep us posted on any changes and I love the pictures.  We are booked on the 14 day Caribbean cruise that leaves on April 2.  We are hoping on not having to do a ton of paperwork and covid testing if not necessary.  It takes the fun out of going on shore.  We will continue to monitor the regulations since things are beginning to get better.  Safe travels and have a wonderful time The panama cruise was one of our favorites.  

On 2/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, 2 cruises a year said:

Do you know if a digital copy will work?  This is an official California website.  I also have a picture on my phone.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Princess is stating on board that either physical or digital is acceptable, but I wouldn't cut corners. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The MTG luncheon was held today in the Crown Grill.  The Captain and all of his officers were present at the entrance.  

The Captain did not pose for the photo and they did not sit with the guests.  The food was outstanding!

20220218_133651.jpg

20220218_133635.jpg

The Captain did not speak at the luncheon as he did on the last cruise. Unusual.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VengefulWalnut said:

Princess is stating on board that either physical or digital is acceptable, but I wouldn't cut corners. 

Thanks, point well taken.  But I would hate to lose my original vaccination card.  They are such and awkward size, it won't fit in a wallet.  It will be destroyed in my pocket.  I have it in a plastic protective cover to protect it.  Having a verified digital copy on my phone is a lot more convenient.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Captain just announced that we are headed for  Puerto Quetzal, in Guatemala, to offload a passenger that requires medical attention.

This will not impact our arrival on Sunday in Costa Rica.

But still a cancellation of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Too bad passengers cannot all get off at the unexpected stop at Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala as compensation for the skipped port of call in Nicaragua.

9 hours ago, KCSungirl said:

Hi! Who is the cruise director? What type of featured entertainers? Is buffet looking good? Has Sanctuary been full?

The Sanctuary has been reasonably busy.  It is totally booked for the Canal transit. 

The CD is Fernándo.  Maybe someone else can provide more info on him since we usually do not attend hosted events.

IMHO the lunch buffet has really been lacking in selections.  There is only one small salad island that always has a long line waiting.  That is the only buffet that we sometimes try.

The band in the Explorer's Lounge and duo in the Wheelhouse are very good.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Thank you for doing a live thread. 

My elderly aunt is taking a Panama cruise next month. She is insisting that Princess, in addition to a Covid vaccine, is requiring the following, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza.

The last time I was in Panama (11/2019) none of these were required. I'm sure it's still the same, but I thought I would just ask. The rabies vaccine is giving me the biggest laugh. 

Wow!  That is quite the list.  We have not heard any such thing.  Only the covid vaccine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Tea Time in the Sanctuary!

Along with warm scones, they offer finger sandwiches, pastries and cookies.

20220220_151319.jpg

20220219_145637.jpg

20220219_145629.jpg

We went to Afternoon Tea on Sat. Loved the scones! Too full for dinner... went to the 7pm theater show and then a piece of pizza after. Love the multiple dining options!

Also,  really enjoying the groups "Symphonee" and "2 Cool Duo".

• Like 3

Panamanian authorities threw us a curve ball today for our stop tomorrow in Puerto Amador.  They want to review the passports of all passengers going ashore.  This is something they did not do two weeks ago.

Between 11:30 this morning and 3:00 pm this afternoon, all passengers going ashore must go to the Crown Grill to drop off their passport.

At the Crown Grill, passports will be scanned and a paper copy given to each passenger.  Passports will be returned over the next few days.

55 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Panamanian authorities threw us a curve ball today for our stop tomorrow in Puerto Amador.  They want to review the passports of all passengers going ashore.  This is something they did not do two weeks ago.

Between 11:30 this morning and 3:00 pm this afternoon, all passengers going ashore must go to the Crown Grill to drop off their passport.

At the Crown Grill, passports will be scanned and a paper copy given to each passenger.  Passports will be returned over the next few days.

ty done 

53 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

This could be due to just about anything, BUT, I would be nervous if I had been doing anything that would make the Panamanian Authorities suspicious. 😁

It most likely is that some palms need to be greased. 😉

• Like 1

LACRUISERS THIS  QUESTION FOR YOU PLEASE

I am so confused. There is a tour on the Princess site whereby you go by boat down the canal. 
Do you have any idea what that is?

I love your posts which is why directing this to you

Thank you in advance

Edited by rabin1
  • Like 1

@rabin1  I think you are referring to an excursion that occurs on the day we are in the port of Puerto Amador (tomorrow for us).  They take you on a small boat thru the old Pacific side locks.

I can't tell you more because we have not taken a ships tour in a very long time.  Btw, thank you for the compliment.  I try to be informative.

We just received our next covid testing appointment, since we are staying on for the subsequent 14 day Caribbean voyage.  The test will be this coming Friday afternoon, which is the last full day of the cruise, in the conference room.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

@rabin1  I think you are referring to an excursion that occurs on the day we are in the port of Puerto Amador (tomorrow for us).  They take you on a small boat thru the old Pacific side locks.

I can't tell you more because we have not taken a ships tour in a very long time.  Btw, thank you for the compliment.  I try to be informative.

We just received our next covid testing appointment, since we are staying on for the subsequent 14 day Caribbean voyage.  The test will be this coming Friday afternoon, which is the last full day of the cruise, in the conference room.

Thank you very much

You are correct your posts are very informative. I was on the Caribbean over the holidays for 2 weeks and have the Emerald for the holidays this year. That is why I was asking my question. I have done the old locks boat tour so now I am not sure if I need to do it again................lol

I was in the sanctuary most sea days and St Thomas day cause I do not like St. Thomas. I never had a scone before except up there.

Have a great rest of your trip and thanks again for all your information you post

Blessings

Kathy

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 4:54 PM, 2 cruises a year said:

Thanks, point well taken.  But I would hate to lose my original vaccination card.  They are such and awkward size, it won't fit in a wallet.  It will be destroyed in my pocket.  I have it in a plastic protective cover to protect it.  Having a verified digital copy on my phone is a lot more convenient.

I found that a passport cover that also holds the vaccine card was the most straightforward way to manage it.