B2B different ships, Medallion app merging

DV8

Hey all!

I'm on Sky P right now, and just booked Caribbean P (one day in between). The new booking seems to have automatically merged into the current one in the Medallion app, which is preventing me from doing the things for the new booking.

Has anyone run into something similar?

48 minutes ago, skynight said:

A thought. Have you tried accessing the Caribbean sailing using the booking no?

I did! I logged out and logged in with the new booking number, and it still gave me the same thing 😕

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

Hey all!

I'm on Sky P right now, and just booked Caribbean P (one day in between). The new booking seems to have automatically merged into the current one in the Medallion app, which is preventing me from doing the things for the new booking.

Has anyone run into something similar?

Yes. It is weird. What are you trying to do? You should be able to book dinners in the App. The App just joins both trips into one. You just have to know what dates you want to book dinners/where. Everything else I booked online - excursions and such. Another thing I noticed is that the passengers from each different cruise showed up in both cruises. I had to make sure I unchecked those that were not on that sailing when I booked dinners. Hope this helps. 

14 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes. It is weird. What are you trying to do? You should be able to book dinners in the App. The App just joins both trips into one. You just have to know what dates you want to book dinners/where. Everything else I booked online - excursions and such. Another thing I noticed is that the passengers from each different cruise showed up in both cruises. I had to make sure I unchecked those that were not on that sailing when I booked dinners. Hope this helps. 

I'd like to pre-purchase WiFi and assign my arrival group at least.
When looking at dining, it shows my the dates for the next cruise, but pulls up the previous booking# and so gets confused and says nothing is available.

Does anyone know who the best team would be to contact for possible help with this? 
Not sure onboard guest services could help (I'll ask them though).

Edited by DV8
typo

9 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I'd like to pre-purchase WiFi and assign my arrival group at least.
When looking at dining, it shows my the dates for the next cruise, but pulls up the previous booking# and so gets confused and says nothing is available.

Does anyone know who the best team would be to contact for possible help with this? 
Not sure onboard guest services could help (I'll ask them though).

That or the tech guys. Guest services should be able to help with your booking issues. They should have access to contact guest services personnel on you next ship. I did a B2B so did not need to worry about boarding times. If things dont work out just show up and board when you want. please let us know how it works out! 

We are booked on the Ruby for a Panama Canal cruise; get off in FLL and on the same day join the Regal for a TA. Staying on the Regal for a second (B2B) cruise. All were merged on the App and showed green lane. Medallions arrived for first two cruises but did not include second Regal cruise. Now that we can access the cruises using a computer I found that while we were Green Lane for the first two cruises we were not complete for third one. I just got off the phone with Princess and the reason is the cruises did not show separately so individual Medallions were not sent and last cruise was incomplete because we didn't get the Medallions?  So if I understand it, all three cruises showed as one and they sent Medallions for the first two but third was not linked. Get the Medallions at the pier was suggested--Well that pier will be in Barcelona so I will get to practice my Spanish 🙂  Should be fun.

There isn’t (necessarily) a need for replacement medallions on B2B sailings, even when all of them aren’t booked before the first one departs - we had 2 segments turn into 3, then 4, onboard same medallion worked until the battery died.  You won’t have to do a thing in the terminal in Barcelona WRT checkin - it will all be handled onboard.  

I'm in the same boat.  I have a 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and then one day in port and than a 5 day cruise on a different ship.  My Medallion has combined so that all my meals, excursions show on the app together.  No real problem but my question is will Princess have a COVID test available for me on the first leg so that I won't have to get another test my day in port between both cruises.

Does anyone have any experience with this?