Entertainment: "How to book - what to see"

raphael360

Have a *fabulous* time!

I messed up and managed only to see one show, Never Sleep Alone. Friends have told me on my next voyage not to miss Duel Reality and Dance Party. I loved NSA, you have the opportunity when being seated to say whether or not you are feeling adventurous (i.e., willing to go on stage) - I am not fond of the spotlight. That said, the volunteers were fab and really got into the show which made it very entertaining for the rest of us.

I enjoyed the musicians doing pop up shows as well as the ones scheduled for different areas. Didn't understand some of the pop up shows and chalk that up to walking in on things towards the end.

Also recommended, do the things with hosts/hostesses like Grog Walk, Shot for Shot, Star Gazing.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, CruzinMermaid said:

I messed up and managed only to see one show, Never Sleep Alone. Friends have told me on my next voyage not to miss Duel Reality and Dance Party. I loved NSA, you have the opportunity when being seated to say whether or not you are feeling adventurous (i.e., willing to go on stage) - I am not fond of the spotlight. That said, the volunteers were fab and really got into the show which made it very entertaining for the rest of us.

I’m just beginning to explore whether to book with Virgin. Your post raises a question. Are reservations required for admission to all shows? Are there provisions for walk ups? Is seating so limited that they can not accommodate reservation requests for all passengers for a show?

enjoyed the musicians doing pop up shows as well as the ones scheduled for different areas. Didn't understand some of the pop up shows and chalk that up to walking in on things towards the end.

Also recommended, do the things with hosts/hostesses like Grog Walk, Shot for Shot, Star Gazing.

Thank you CPT Trips, this is most helpful

🙂

I have logged over 500 days on cruise ships and stopped going to the shows because they became the same ol same ol show.  "Seen one, you've seen them all".  SO I'm really looking forward to this Virgin cruse and want to experience everything to see how different and totally unique Virgin may.

I'm reading the food is very good (unusual for mid priced cruise lines) and I'm praying to the liquor gods they make a good Cosmo.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, CPT Trips said:

I’m just beginning to explore whether to book with Virgin. Your post raises a question. Are reservations required for admission to all shows? Are there provisions for walk ups? Is seating so limited that they can not accommodate reservation requests for all passengers for a show?

If you made a reservation and got there at the time listed, you got in no problem.  They did have “standby” lines for the shows in the manor and red room, and it seemed like lots of people got in from those lines.  We were on I think the highest capacity ship (~1,800) and didn’t have any issues with making/changing show or dinner reservations.

• 1 month later...

Can you or someone please embellish more on what these are? There’s no mention of them on the app (so far, going in April) and my friend said Grog Walk was a fee based beer crawl but other than that I know nothing of these other “shows”.

59 minutes ago, babalooo said:

Can you or someone please embellish more on what these are? There’s no mention of them on the app (so far, going in April) and my friend said Grog Walk was a fee based beer crawl but other than that I know nothing of these other “shows”.

Grog walk is a pub crawl hosted by some of the entertainment (happenings) cast. There is a $35 charge from memory, I didn’t do it. 
Shot for shot is a cocktail class based around taking photos for social media in the Test Kitchen, there is a charge to cover the drinks. Think it’s $25 or 35.

We did something on Scarlet Lady last year I think is Star gazers. It was mythology and folk tales told by the hostess in the outdoor dock area at the rear of the boat. Really nice and chilled with the stories while looking up at the night sky and the wake below. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 4:32 AM, jon81uk said:

Grog walk is a pub crawl hosted by some of the entertainment (happenings) cast. There is a $35 charge from memory, I didn’t do it. 
Shot for shot is a cocktail class based around taking photos for social media in the Test Kitchen, there is a charge to cover the drinks. Think it’s $25 or 35.

We did something on Scarlet Lady last year I think is Star gazers. It was mythology and folk tales told by the hostess in the outdoor dock area at the rear of the boat. Really nice and chilled with the stories while looking up at the night sky and the wake below. 

The Grog walk is $45 now, and the Test Kitchen cocktails were $45 as well......I could not drink them all, it was a lot!

It's better if you make a reservation for the shows but not always necessary.  For some shows they verified reservations, others they didn't.  It helped to be early to get better seating if nothing else.  If the app showed the show as "sold out" you could still get in a lot of the time because there are always "no shows".  My brief blurb on the shows - Ships in the Night IMO is a commentary about the rat race that is our busy lives.  Dual Reality is Us VS Them or Romeo/Juliet?  NSV is an adult comedy bit, I found it to be amusing and fun, some people got their drawers in a bunch and walked out but I'm not sure why.  The pseudo doctor discussed promiscuity to some degree but it's not as if it was a prescription for life, again, it was a comedy skit.  I was even on stage for one bit and got a coveted golden condom, ooohhh!   I hung out with "Doctor" Audrey after the VIP party, she's very sweet and funny.  I didn't make it to the UnnamedDancePartyThing but it sounded fun.  The Pajama Party on the first night is fun.  I loved WayOfTheWesley AKA The Diva and went to both sets of her shows, as well as bingo, which she hosted.

• Like 3