The Daily for Sunday 02/13/2022

richwmn

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

So we went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings before the crowds. I tried to take pictures. Of course Craig had his book. 

99BE0DAE-7AF8-4B2D-A2FD-18437E923FEE.thumb.jpeg.63fac9d6274b4c71d948d3fb23e76744.jpeg

61CB0618-6D7C-460C-9493-85CBF7A5E213.thumb.jpeg.8bdb808747d211824b262912c60c67b3.jpeg

Then we came home and I tried to get pictures of the two dogs together. 

E8D43F9A-220A-4C56-9DF5-B9985608C3A9.thumb.jpeg.8fa2ddf58dcb25dbf88f162325d83656.jpeg

And then I tried to get all four together. 

C9C77635-349E-4407-9A22-12F0F1DA900F.thumb.jpeg.b84c4a848a77e12392a3607d5e5f58b1.jpeg

So that’s my afternoon everyone!

Lovely photos Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

NJ was considered the toughest state to get any adoptee information for many years. I had about given up. In searching online some years ago, I found out that then NJ Governor Chris Christie had in 2014 signed the New Jersey Adoptees' Birthright Bill into law. This allowed adoptees 18 and older to access their original birth certificates without court intervention, starting in 2017. All I had to do was fill out an online form and send it to the Department of Vital Statistics with a check. I had to put some info from my post-adoption birth certificate on the form. It took a while to come, but I got it, and was able to see my birth mother's name and age, and my pre-adoption name. Quite the revelation!

Thank you. My initial search tells me I will still have to go through the courts. I will make some calls to find out for sure.

I am happy for you and thank you again.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have been wondering what ship did you photo all the carpets with the day printed?

The elevator mat photos are from the Amsterdam. They were taken in March 2020 while we toodled around the Indian Ocean waiting to see if Australia would let us in again or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

The elevator mat photos are from the Amsterdam. They were taken in March 2020 while we toodled around the Indian Ocean waiting to see if Australia would let us in again or not.

WOW how significant then using them for this thread.

BTW I did the Amsterdam in 2010 out of Seattle to Alaska for a 14 day coastal cruise.  Loved that ship and was sad to hear she was sold.  Booooooo

• Like 4

@JazzyVThank you for the information.  I grew up in NJ, but was born in Connecticut.  Wonder what their records are like.  My aunt did tell me that the hospital I was born in in Hartford had burned down, she thought that the records would have been there.  My birth mom didn't keep me at all, sent into foster care, was ill for a long time,  I was moved from there, and ended up with Bette and Bill.

• Like 4