NCL Pearl Shows Canceled? What are the alternatives?

Manbo

Sailing on the Pearl, March 3. I understand the show performers have been sent home. I am assuming that the musicians are still performing. Can anyone speak to the other entertainment?

Thanks for any information.

5 minutes ago, Extraordinaire said:

Are you saying there is no entertainment because the boat is being chartered?

I am saying there was a charter just before my sailing, and a charter just after my sailing (that was cancelled actually) so they do not keep a full entertainment staff on.  I am sure we will get singers or something, but there will be no main stage show like most NCL ships have.

• Like 2

The original thread on this subject is currently on page 21. It contains NCls termination letter to employees. There is another thread on page 8. Suffice it to say that NCL sent all show personnel home on January 14. Not due to return to ship until April 15. Not necessarily the same crew will be coming back. Looks like it will be a mix of some returnees and some newbies. So what I  think is they'll have to do rehearsals for a few weeks. Not sure how this impacts other entertainment,i.e., singers, piano players, guitarists, comedians,acrobatic shows, etc. Time will tell!

Hello! We just finished a 5 day sailing on the Pearl! Every night at 8:00 there was one show on the main stage (comedian, ventriloquist, magician, singer, and same comedian).  Other places on the boat had music every evening (band, guy with guitar, piano player and more).  Our sailing was fantastic.  Around 800 passengers! Everything was terrific! 

• Like 4