Cabin Dilemma - Aft BB or E731

LuvTheGoodLife

Need advice as I am agonizing over cabin decision here. I need to decide quickly on AFT BB balcony Baja 748 (regular balcony cabin but extended, covered aft balcony) or AD Minisuite Emerald 731 which is last cabin on starboard side - extended, covered balcony). Price difference is $130/pp more for AD minisuite. We previously sailed in Aft BB C752 and loved it. B748 is directly above. Balcony looks the same.

I like the idea of more cabin space in AD mini-suite but wonder if side balcony design of AD would have more wind than the Aft BB. AD is also closer to water -maybe noisier? I am aware that E731 is over Club Fusion but apparently there is not much noise bleed from club fusion band.

Any advice?

We loved our cabin.. very private balcony.. loved to hear the wake of the ship.. didnt seem to have trouble with noise

and we were early to bed early to rise people.

if i were to bok again which i will.... I will definitly pick that cabin.

If given a choice, I'd always choose the aft balcony. Much more quite, less wind. The minisuite is a little bigger because it has a sitting area and the cabin we had a tub instead of stall shower...but still, I'd have rather had the aft balcony.

Enjoy!

:)

Another vote for E731. Great cabin and balcony and was not particularly windy and no noise from Club Fusion. We also experience B756 but enjoyed the minisuite better. You get both an aft and side view from this cabin.

awfw

I've got e731...I've got e731...la la la la :p (conga song)

I'm just so thrilled every time I come across a thread on this cabin. I really don't understand how 1) it's the least expensive of the mini's and 2) it was available up until 5-6 months before our sailing which is April 1 on the Sapphire. We actually even had e728 booked but switched to the other side so we actually had our choice between the 2. I'm just so excited! 5 weeks and 2 days!

I have e728 for an August cruise and I am so excited about it... if you search webshots you will see lots of awesome pics of this cabin/balcony.

You made the right decision - plus get the perks of the mini suite, including the extra space, 2 tv's, couch, bathtub, upgraded linens, champagne on arrival.

I'm going to go crazy here. I have my second cruise booked for 2007. Decided to try the caribe balconies this time...so booked one. Then after reading, I hear C752, the aft BB on caribe talked about a lot. So this week, I find out it is available (it wasn't when I first booked).

I was thrilled to get C752...but now I see today this thread! Makes me think. I went to Princess' website, and I think the price of my cruise dropped. I could change to the Emerald mini for the same price I booked the caribe balcony for.

My TA is going to think I am nuts!

I'm confused now. I was looking at the deck plan of the Crown. They have E731 listed as a BB balcony...and the diagram shows a regular balcony room.

But when I go on their website to book a cruise and pick a room...it has E731 as an AD minisuite.

Am I missing something here? Maybe I should just call Princess and see what they say.

If you're looking at the Crown Emerald deck plan on the Princess site, it's been wrong for months. I've reported it 4 times to customer service and have been told 4 times that it would be corrected within 24 hours. :rolleyes:

I'm confused now. I was looking at the deck plan of the Crown. They have E731 listed as a BB balcony...and the diagram shows a regular balcony room. But when I go on their website to book a cruise and pick a room...it has E731 as an AD minisuite.Am I missing something here? Maybe I should just call Princess and see what they say.

Casshew: We just got back from the Sapphire and were in E-728 - perfect room - loved everything about it BUT on occasion the woofers from Club Fusion below were quite loud even at 12:30am. Think they quit about 1am tops. I'd suggest you be sure to pack earplugs - we got some and all was well. Otherwise, fabulous cabin - great service and ship. Have a ball!

Luvthegoodlife: Our friends had E-731 on this sailing with us. They loved the cabin AND had no Club Fusion noise - seemed that was on the port side only. I'd go for it in a New York minute! Have a great cruise!

Rob

Casshew: We just got back from the Sapphire and were in E-728 - perfect room - loved everything about it BUT on occasion the woofers from Club Fusion below were quite loud even at 12:30am. Think they quit about 1am tops. I'd suggest you be sure to pack earplugs - we got some and all was well. Otherwise, fabulous cabin - great service and ship. Have a ball!

Thanks for the advice! I guess a vibrating bed is not a perk :p

We have E731 booked for our cruise next week on the Sapphire!

Now I know we made the right decision. WE too had a choice of either

E728 or E731 but chose 731 because we were a little concerned about

being right over the bandstand.

We've had E733 before too, an aft full suite, and although it was nice,

the minis are just as nice in my opinion. We got a great deal on this

cabin as well because at the time AE's were showing as guarantee only

and I called my TA and asked her if these two cabins were available without

a guarantee and she was able to snag one on a non-guarantee basis!

I'm confused now. I was looking at the deck plan of the Crown. They have E731 listed as a BB balcony...and the diagram shows a regular balcony room.

But when I go on their website to book a cruise and pick a room...it has E731 as an AD minisuite.

Am I missing something here? Maybe I should just call Princess and see what they say.

Take another look at the deck plan on the Princess site. It's showing E731 on the Crown is a mini on Emerald.

Take another look at the deck plan on the Princess site. It's showing E731 on the Crown is a mini on Emerald.

Hmmm, I went back. Pulled up the Crown, and looked at Emerald deck plan. It has E731 as a BB balcony. The only two AD mini-suites with balcony are 734 and 735. If you click on E731, the room description pops up where you can click on the diagram, and the diagram is a regular balcony cabin.

However, when I go through the process to book a cruise and get to the point where you can enter a specific room, I enter E731, and it comes up as a mini-suite.

I haven't had time to call Princess or talk to my TA, but might check into that still.

Hmmm, I went back. Pulled up the Crown, and looked at Emerald deck plan. It has E731 as a BB balcony. The only two AD mini-suites with balcony are 734 and 735. If you click on E731, the room description pops up where you can click on the diagram, and the diagram is a regular balcony cabin.

However, when I go through the process to book a cruise and get to the point where you can enter a specific room, I enter E731, and it comes up as a mini-suite.

I haven't had time to call Princess or talk to my TA, but might check into that still.

E731 is a mini-suite on the Crown. It's too bad they can't get that fixed on their deck plans!

We had E731 on the CB, same cabin on the Crown. As you can see by the pictures I took, it is definitely a mini-suite. We loved everything about this cabin:D If you can get it or E730 on the port side of the ship, GRAB IT!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/290527980oqveMZ

Hmmmm...I just clicked on E731 and E730 on the Princess site Crown deck plan and they both come up as balcony cabins. Then, on the right side of the same page, I chose the Emerald Deck and typed in E731 and got the same, incorrect result.

I've been told 4 times that they have the wrong color green for the wrong cabins. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Archived