Flight Out Of Long Beach

WildBlueYonder64

Yes, barring an unusual circumstance.   LGB is a quick airport to navigate and LA is generally a reasonable port. 

note:  this is not a guarantee - there have been times we have arrived promptly at 7 and we left the ship at 2:30 - I’m going on the “19 times out of 20” odds here. 

So far this year have been on 2 close loop cruises out of San Pedro.  Asked and got early departure times (first or second group with collected bags, not carry off), In both cases off the ship and out of terminal by 8:30.

Both ships were about 40% occupancy.

Edited by smbt1
  • Thanks 1

It's easy peasy, even more so now that San Pedro has Face ID customs machines. I'd download both Uber and Lyft apps, and choose the one that's cheapest and closest to you, which shouldn't be a problem on a Saturday mornin--my Lyft last week was $28 and arrived in a few minutes. I had plenty of time, so I walked down to the USS Iowa to use the public restroom there and ordered the Lyft pickup there. The only other problem I found on my last trip is that the lines for Southwest, even to use the kiosks and drop off bags, can be quite long at LGB, stretching out the door, and there's not enough room to create dedicated lines, so it can get chaotic and confusing. 

• Thanks 1

Same here as Cinegraphic. 

In fact LGB used to have a 10:00am flight home which we were able to bump up to a couple times.  (when we were booked Later time)

However, now it seems the soonest SW nonstop flight home is around Noon. 

So we have few hours wait.....

Yes, Noon flight is plenty of time.

• Thanks 1

We got an email from Southwest yesterday regarding flight changes out of LGB. Our 11:35 am flight was cancelled. We are now booked on a 10:15 am.  I'm hoping that's enough time, if we do walk-off.  The ship is supposed to dock at 6:15 am, so we're going to take a chance on it. When I cruised in Oct., we were way early for the 11:35 am flight, and we didn't get off the ship until 9:00 am. 

10:15Am is back! Great news. If you do first walkoff (were Elite & seems we get off really fast)

Grab an uber or taxi, and you'll be at LGB in about 30 mins.

We seem to average getting there about 8:30am.  So 10:15am flight is good.

Its such a small airport theres rarely ever a line.  We like it alot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

We got an email from Southwest yesterday regarding flight changes out of LGB. Our 11:35 am flight was cancelled. We are now booked on a 10:15 am.  I'm hoping that's enough time, if we do walk-off.  The ship is supposed to dock at 6:15 am, so we're going to take a chance on it. When I cruised in Oct., we were way early for the 11:35 am flight, and we didn't get off the ship until 9:00 am. 

On my two cruises in January the walk offs started at 8am.

• Like 1

Always have a back up plan. There is always a chance of fog, and if the harbor closes, that’s it. No one goes in or out. I have been on a cruise that docked at 11:00 due to fog. Nobody made their early flights that day. 

Enjoy

Ron

• Thanks 1