Testing? and weather

BABBY

Hello, we are thinking of booking a canary Island cruise for 2 weeks from Mid March, or perhaps a week and week hotel stay as looks like testing etc has changed from the 14th Feb?

So am I right in thinking that you still have to do a test after 9pm the evening before, but that it is simple to do re uploading photo etc yourself and that you don't have to go to a clinic to get this done, plus you get the certificate back within 5 mins? 

Also are there tests throughout the 14 n cruise? or at end of first week? or if had a week before in hotel would you have to do another test before boarding? and if so and you tested positive what happens? 

Also is the weather good on the ship? as we love/prefer the evening entertainment on the ship but also like to sunbathe - so unsure whether to do the 14 n or week in a hotel, but am confused also re the testing if we did this  

Sorry to ask so much, but we have left it till now to look into as thought it looked that things have got easier ( we usually go on the Carribean one)

Any information greatly appreciated

Babby

This would be my advice -

When I looked at 2 weeks on ship vs 1 week cruise and 1 week AI stay for January the price difference was quite small, and the AI drinks and service in a hotel doesn't compare to ship. I would do 2 weeks B2B on the Explorer, or possibly a hotel stay before the cruise to avoid that 'let down' feeling when in hotel after a cruise

On the ship for the canaries cruise a few weeks ago there was no testing after the one before the flight out (we did cruise only). You had to do a temperature check every day on board. No tests required before return to UK and now there is no test after arrival. Unless it changes before then do make sure you do the Spanish health form and have it available to check after passport control when you arrive at the island.

But rules may change!

incidentally, the temperature testing is very simple. You just scan your card, stand in front of a screen, briefly drop your mask and it records your temperature.  We were told it was a Spanish government requirement.  Seeing as a high temperature is very low down the list of Omicron symptoms is may be a bit pointless but so be it.

Can't answer on testing but weather can be unpredictable in March, we have had high twenties good for sunbathing in the canaries but we have also had high winds, overcast miserable weather too temps 12-15 but felt colder wore sane pair of leggings all week as only took shorts 😆 remember it's in the Atlantic. 

Hi, thank you all for your replies.

Re the weather I'm assuming you can still get off the ship at ports so can use the beaches where  imagine may be warmer? is there any testing when u get on & off at Ports or at end of 1st week if doing 2 wk cruise ? 

Plus see there's the after 9pm test before going to airport?, is that straightforward?

Sorry if this has been discussed previously as we're just trying to make our minds up whether to have a canary islands land holiday or cruise 

Many thanks