Two Couples Sharing a Master Suite vs. Booking Separate Concierge Suites

Jimmcdaniel

I have noticed that on the Explorer-class ships, for many cruises, the price of a Master Suite is comparable to the price of two Concierge-level suites. Has anyone out there choses to travel as two couples and share a Master suite on the Explorer or Splendor? Obviously we would only do this with someone we felt comfortable traveling with. How was it? Any privacy issues? It looks like one bathroom in a Master Suite may be smaller than the other? One basin versus two? Was this an issue? How about storage space and closet size? Is there enough common area to give make everyone comfortable? Any other benefits of a Master Suite that might make this a desirable way to go?  We would love to hear from someone who had this experience. 

We just stayed in the Master Suite last month and I think it’s plenty large enough for two couples to share. The master bedroom is larger but the guest bedroom is very nice. Biggest difference is in the bathrooms with the master much larger than the guest bath. The common room and balcony, both huge! You will get the very best perk on the ship if you take that suite and that is a guarantee table in any specialty restaurant any night. No more guessing in advance of where you want to eat. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

I have noticed that on the Explorer-class ships, for many cruises, the price of a Master Suite is comparable to the price of two Concierge-level suites. Has anyone out there choses to travel as two couples and share a Master suite on the Explorer or Splendor? Obviously we would only do this with someone we felt comfortable traveling with. How was it? Any privacy issues? It looks like one bathroom in a Master Suite may be smaller than the other? One basin versus two? Was this an issue? How about storage space and closet size? Is there enough common area to give make everyone comfortable? Any other benefits of a Master Suite that might make this a desirable way to go?  We would love to hear from someone who had this experience. 

Although we would never do it (I like my own space), I can see some benefits for 2 couples to decide to cruise this way. First on my list would be guaranteed reservations each night in specialty restaurants. The living space looks terrific and if you could designate which bedroom each couple gets without noses being out of joint, I can see it working. Living spaces seems large enough so as not to intrude on one another. 

We will be on Splendor March 17 in a Grand Suite. Apparently, my Bride likes enough of “her own space” also. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

We just stayed in the Master Suite last month and I think it’s plenty large enough for two couples to share. The master bedroom is larger but the guest bedroom is very nice. Biggest difference is in the bathrooms with the master much larger than the guest bath. The common room and balcony, both huge! You will get the very best perk on the ship if you take that suite and that is a guarantee table in any specialty restaurant any night. No more guessing in advance of where you want to eat. 

Timing! You must have posted a few seconds before I did re the guaranteed reservations for specialty restaurants. For our March cruise in a Grand Suite, we also have this perk, which is a big reason we decided to book the GS.

• Thanks 1

Don't forget you can order room service from any of the specialty restaurants if you want a couples night in on the large balcony.   Also you get to have a "party in suite" that your butler can put together, but i'm not sure if this is still being offered based on Covid restrictions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gpilon said:

Timing! You must have posted a few seconds before I did re the guaranteed reservations for specialty restaurants. For our March cruise in a Grand Suite, we also have this perk, which is a big reason we decided to book the GS.

Apparently, the GS and above also get in-suite dining from specialty restaurants.

We book the Master Suite for our group of 3.  The advantages are huge as was previously mentioned. Remember you will have to pay for airfare and pre cruise hotel for the second couple.  These are not included.  They also don’t receive OBC.  Their fare is much reduced as the third and fourth passenger.  If you can afford it I would certainly do it. It will exceed your expectations. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snore42 said:

Don't forget you can order room service from any of the specialty restaurants if you want a couples night in on the large balcony.   Also you get to have a "party in suite" that your butler can put together, but i'm not sure if this is still being offered based on Covid restrictions.

It appears to be still available. If we do one, we now have to figure out how much we charge each guest…….

• Haha 1

Gpilon, I would have paid dearly to go to your party!  I say this ...only because I won't be able to join you on March 17 😪 as was our plan.  Schedules didn't align and we are the worst for it.  Please post as much as you can.  Till a next time. Dinosaur Ribs and Chili.

2 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Gpilon, I would have paid dearly to go to your party!  I say this ...only because I won't be able to join you on March 17 😪 as was our plan.  Schedules didn't align and we are the worst for it.  Please post as much as you can.  Till a next time. Dinosaur Ribs and Chili.

You would have got the Cuse discount. Sorry you won’t be on this cruise but these things happen. Just looking to get away and sail again, albeit only on a short cruise have to order some more Dino from Goldbelly.  Stay well. And….warm.