No library or dvd?

Redtravel

Just read that on the newly expanded Star ships, the library and dvd collection is gone.  Is this true?  On WS trips, I read many books and enjoyed watching old movies.  Did they move the books and dvds to a new location? or did they deep 6 them?  WS is very quiet.   Those dvds were our source of entertainment especially on longer cruises.  On one trip, we got stuck in Porto for 3 days waiting out a storm.  With bad weather, no internet, and limited tv offerings, the dvds were a big help. 

They did remove the library but the tvs have on-demand movies now. I won’t miss the scratched DVDs with a fantastic selection from the 1980’s! We have however, also watched many of them in downtimes and enjoyed with room service popcorn.

5 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

They did remove the library but the tvs have on-demand movies now. I won’t miss the scratched DVDs with a fantastic selection from the 1980’s! We have however, also watched many of them in downtimes and enjoyed with room service popcorn.

All of the above aree correct. The TV on-demand list is, um, unimpressive, but there are also now more satellite channels available.  Also gone are the playing cards, although the puzzles remain. All sort of random.

For reference on Wind Surf in December, there was a library.  But it vanished when Covid hit.  Bare shelves.

The DVD library was still available but it was hard to get a real listing of what was available.  My husband was one of the unlucky ones who was quarantined for 12 days.  He asked for the DVD list and was disappointed by the options.  By chance he was talking to another quarantining passenger who mentioned he'd just watched a good film from the library.  Turned out he had to ask for the "good DVD" list. 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, RemPuck said:

For reference on Wind Surf in December, there was a library.  But it vanished when Covid hit.  Bare shelves.

The DVD library was still available but it was hard to get a real listing of what was available.  My husband was one of the unlucky ones who was quarantined for 12 days.  He asked for the DVD list and was disappointed by the options.  By chance he was talking to another quarantining passenger who mentioned he'd just watched a good film from the library.  Turned out he had to ask for the "good DVD" list. 

I believe the library eliminations happened with the “stretch “ to the motor yachts. The sailing ships still have them

• Thanks 1