What's the taxi situation these days? Haven't been in almost 5 years.

Jezo

Not sure if anything has changed or not so wondering if things are like they used to be?  From what I remember there were taxi's inside the cruise terminal area and then there were taxis out on the road that line up.  I think, it's been a long time so it's kind of hazy.  We used to go to Le Galion and I can't remember what we did.  What's the best way to get about the island now and to make sure someone comes back to get us when we want to return?  Is Uber a thing down there or is it local taxis only?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a taxi stand with dispatchers at the port - just walk through the port until you get to taxis.  They are well organized and in general the taxi drivers are excellent.  Ask your driver about pick-up to get back to ship.  Ease of getting taxi back to ship is very dependent on where you go.

• Like 1

We would like to go over to Grand Case on our cruise stop but that may be out of the question now. I learned it would cost about $50 each way to get there from the port.  We have rented a car several times in the past but not sure I want to do it this time.

9 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

We would like to go over to Grand Case on our cruise stop but that may be out of the question now. I learned it would cost about $50 each way to get there from the port.  We have rented a car several times in the past but not sure I want to do it this time.

Where did you get the price list for what the taxis cost?

From a response on another site and then just something I read that was estimating costs. It said that travel to the furthest point across the island runs about $50, and one person posted that  Grand Case would likely cost about that as it’s close to as far a trip as there is. If you search here and there even on these boards you will likely see something where someone talks about a $50 ayxo fare. Found out we’re not even going there now so it’s no longer an issue in my case.