Account Billing Issue

moonltnite

I was on the phone with RC yesterday - rebooking some dining including Chef's Table (saw they now had many specialty dining offerings at 15% off).  During that call, they asked if I wanted to go ahead and prepay the gratuities.  I said sure - and gave them my CC.   

After that call - I looked at my credit card account to verify the new charges (I know the refunds on the cancellations take a while). I then went in to verify my RC charges.  I noticed two odd things in my charges. My final payment had a different amount from the payment on 1/31 - $184.00 less than the payment shown on my Visa.  Then - on 2/4 - there was a $184.00 credit to my credit card.  I had no email or matching amount from anything cancelled that matched that.  

Later yesterday, I got an email from RC saying I had a balance due of $387.  This is the $203 gratuities and that $184!  It said my cruise could be cancelled if I didn't pay it.  So I figured they messed up the billing - and that $387 made sense, given I got that unexplained credit.  I clicked on the link on the email to pay.  It also showed $387 due.  However, when I attempted to pay - it said I couldn't pay - as the balance due didn't match that amount.  

So - I've been on the phone with RC now for a half hour.  The first agent disconnected me when trying to transfer the call.  The second agent (Angela) has been great - trying to figure out what's wrong.  She showed just $203 due for the gratuities.  She saw nothing on the account to explain that $184 credit. She is now working with Resolution Services (I think that's the department) to try to straighten out this $184 credit - that in one spot Angela looks is still due - and in another shows $0 due.  She keeps popping back on the call to let me know they're still working on resolving this.  I want this straightened out so I show $0 due on ALL their systems.  We have RoyalUp bids pending - plus, I don't want RC to cancel our cruise on us - when this is clearly THEIR mistake!!

Has anyone else had issues like this?  

Had a similar situation early February.  Cancelled and rebooked something in cruise planner, cruise was fully paid for.  Got a call from travel agent that night that she had just gotten a notice that I had a balance due for the amount of the cancelled items.  After talking with resolutions, they told her they had double refunded the cruise planner. Took her a couple hours, but travel agent was able to resolve. 

Had something similar with one of my fall cruises.

I forget the exact details, maybe @Ourusualbeach remembers the specifics, but I think there was a price drop before final payment was due but after I had made final payment, and they ended up refunding the wrong amount or refunding it twice or something, so I ended up having to make another payment.  

I was on the phone an hour and a half - but the agent worked with the Resolution department and got it straightened out.  Some kind of mistake was made in applying the $184 credit four days after I had paid the balance.  It didn't match any other refunds I received or any charges - but I'm glad I now have a zero balance!  

They billed me 400 too much due to rebooking error on their end. Calling them led to an hour phone call and they still insisted they were correct.

I paid it out of duress and when my final payment was due they refunded my cc with no explanation.

This is my first and last cruise with RCI, I spent many hours trying to figure out their logic.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue.  Booked in April 2022 with a cruise credit.  Told my balance was zero.  Then last week received email stating that I over over $1k.   I looked at invoice online.  All the numbers/amounts appear to be different.  I called and spoke to a RCI Rep and then the Resolution Department.  They told me that it was a glitch in their system, that it is happening to many people, and that it should say zero balance within 7-10 days.  I checked today on day 9.  It now says I owe $575.40.  Another different number.  I spoke to resolution department again.  They said that my cruise credit did not cover all of my new cruise and that I have to pay taxes.   (I was told previously that I would have to pay taxes.  I know that.)  But last week I was told I have a zero balance.  And now it says $575.40 which is significantly more than $180 in taxes.  The rep also told me, that I have 3 days to pay my balance, even if I am waiting on a Supervisor's call back or my cruise will automatically be cancelled.  I looked at the invoice and it does not show my cruise credit.  The RCI Rep says the cruise credit only shows on their end.  Why wouldn't it show on my end in my invoice that I can see?  The invoice also shows the cost of the cruise is more than what I booked it at too.  RCI has dropped my calls numerous times.  I have spent hours on this.  This is ridiculous.  They are not providing correct amounts on the invoice.  If anyone has suggestions, please let me know, as I am on hold with them now AGAIN.  Note to everyone:  SCREENSHOT YOUR INVOICE AND BOOKING PRICE AS SOON AS YOU BOOK YOUR CRUISE so, you have copies of everything in case they are any changes and this happens to you.  Thankfully, at least I had written everything down:  who I talked to, dates, times, amounts, etc.