"LIVE From" Navigator 3-Day Cruise 02/18/22 - 02/21/22

HBCcruiser

We are READY for our Presidents Day Getaway on the Navigator!! My DH, BIL and I are ready to sail this Friday out of LA to Ensenada Mexico. We need a little FUN after dealing with COVID-19 and work issues these last few months caused by the evil forenamed virus. PLUS how exciting that Royal finally returned to SoCal!  🥳.   

This is a quick weekend getaway for us and falls perfectly on non-workdays due to the long President’s Day weekend.  We booked a Grand Suite for DH and me, and BIL is in a balcony one deck down. I’ll take photos of each cabin.  This will be our 4th cruise since the C19 shutdown and our 2nd on a RCCL ship. We were on the AOS this past July when she sailed out of Nassau Bahamas. That was such a great way to return to cruising – 2 days in Coco Cay! 🥰

My BIL is flying in from Pittsburg tomorrow. Everyone has tested Negative so we are ready to rumble! We each plan on carrying our allotted 2 bottle of wine onboard (Yes, I am a wino). It is so nice to just relax on the balcony with a good glass of cabernet. 🍷  Just sayin’. 

Our house is about 25 minutes from San Pedro, and parking at the port is easy, so we will be driving in Friday morning. The weather looks like it should be nice – a high of 71. Our check-in time is 11:00, but we may try to get there earlier if I can get DH out the door early! Lunch reservations are for noon in Jamie’s Italian. All paperwork is printed and ready to go. Can’t wait to have that first Frozen Mojito! 

For Inquiring Minds:

RoyalUp emails started coming 45 days out.

Email reminding us of boarding “checklist” arrived 10 days out;1683548797_ScreenShot2022-02-16at11_26_09AM.jpeg.4c0536d8535162127e8559ca9318743d.jpeg646383491_ScreenShot2022-02-16at11_26_15AM.thumb.jpeg.67b23b1580cef02523f48307912df2a7.jpeg2102487330_ScreenShot2022-02-16at11_26_22AM.thumb.jpeg.db941477123619c1d54b84b066a8e1bd.jpeg

Email from Concierge arrived on Monday – or 5 days out;1690100458_ScreenShot2022-02-16at11_30_20AM.jpeg.67815ed262daec42a3a0d940cee6af5d.jpeg1128999569_ScreenShot2022-02-16at11_30_31AM.jpeg.608acc3002180fd423605ff3f7aaf552.jpeg

CHEERS! 🥂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4

If you are on this cruise feel free to chime in. 😎

Oh, I did submit a few low bids on RoyalUp. All are still pending with the ability to Modify. I highly doubt we will Royal Up due to all suites showing Sold Out, but I thought what the heck. Why not see what happens? 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

Have fun. We live close as well and so happy that RCCL is back on the west coast. We were on the simulation cruise in November on Navigator, and you are going to love this ship. It has just come out of the remodel and so many new options. Nothing ventured nothing gained on the Royal Up options. We got one last August on a cruise out of Galveston but as the passenger numbers start to move up, they may be harder to get. Couple of recommendations, if you are into the specialty dinning both new ones are great, and the taco bar on the pool deck is outstanding. We are going back in May and can't wait. Happy sailing. 

• Thanks 1

We all did the BinaxNow emed home test. It is easy to use but make sure you have a large flat surface, working mic and camera if using a computer. You also must download the Navica App. You may do the test via phone or iPad but you will need to be observed while you take the test. I use my computer because it allows my hands to be free and I can mov the screen forward and back so the telemed person can see the test materials, nose swabbing, QR Codes, etc.. 

IMG_9377.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jcc1025 said:

as the passenger numbers start to move up, they may be harder to get.

This cruise is expected to have between 2000 and 2300 onboard. This is according to the concierge. Numbers may change so I'll try to get a better count when I am onboard. 

2 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

if you are into the specialty dinning both new ones are great

We have the dining package so will be eating in specialty restaurants. What are considered the "new" ones? We ate at Chops, Izumi and Giovani's on the Adventure. All were great! Thx.

11 minutes ago, mil76 said:

Hooked will be the restaurant you didn't have on Adventure if you like seafood.  Playmakers is also a great spot for lunch or to grab a snack using your UDP.

Right! We are booked in Hooked for lunch then again for dinner. We both love seafood! Playmakers seems more like apps and bar food right? 

4 minutes ago, PaddleAddict said:

We will be on this cruise pending negative covid tests and all the stars align, ha ha. Getting pretty excited! DH and my first cruise in 10 years and the kids first ever. 🙂 

Positive thoughts! All will be GREAT. 

14 minutes ago, mil76 said:

Yep.  Burgers (regular and impossible), wings, nachos (regular and poke).  Campfire cookie for dessert shouldn't be missed.

We were on here three weeks ago. Playmakers burgers and onion ring tower, may have been one the best burgers I have ever had. 

To the OP.. Haffner was the DL Concierge on our cruise. He was absolutely wonderful, nothing seemed too little for him to take care of. We made little use of his service but could tell he absolutely loves his job. happy cruising

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on here three weeks ago. Playmakers burgers and onion ring tower, may have been one the best burgers I have ever had. 

To the OP.. Haffner was the DL Concierge on our cruise. He was absolutely wonderful, nothing seemed too little for him to take care of. We made little use of his service but could tell he absolutely loves his job. happy cruising

Playmakers is definitely underrated.  Makes it worth doing UDP for us on Navigator since it is great for lunch instead of doing "dinner for lunch" every day at Chops/Jamie's/etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

Dumb question here but it’s been so long since we last cruised. Does Royal Caribbean still provide body wash/shampoo in the cabins? Or some kind of soaps?

In suites they do. I’d bring some just in case. They also sell some onboard in the shops. 

16 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

This cruise is expected to have between 2000 and 2300 onboard. This is according to the concierge. Numbers may change so I'll try to get a better count when I am onboard. 

Wow! That will be double what's been sailing recently. Let us know how the crowds/lines/waits are. (And I assume more cruises will be sailing with increased capacity now that omicron is on its way out.)