Getting ready for a couple Princess cruises. Are we going to have a lot of fun?

Ken the cruiser

23 hours ago, generichandle said:

I have found that enjoying about ANY cruise has more to do with you than them cruise line or it's employees!

This is very true! We were on a 10 day Caribbean cruise back in 2016 (on a different cruise line of course) and the last 8 days the ship was operating in Code Red as over 10% of the passengers (102) were quarantined in their cabins with norovirus. Luckily, we weren't one of those. But we made the best of it and had a great time!

10 hours ago, rj59 said:

Princess is the perfect alternative to someone in their 60s coming from Celebrity. They have good, reliable internet, excellent food, and lots of trivia/game shows and fancy shows. Holland America is the other line that's good for passengers coming from Celebrity, also with a senior-dominated crowd that emphasizes good dining and classy ships, without any gimmicks. Both of them have an all-inclusive option, as Celebrity does, and are the upscale lines for Carnival Corp, just as Celebrity is for RCI. 

We really like Princess for their longer, more unique cruises as well as for the reasons you suggested. HAL on the other hand has just gotten too relaxed for us over the past 3-4 years, especially when it comes to their ho-hum evening shows in the main theater.

But, I will say one of our favorite HAL cruises was on the Maasdam in Oct 2019 when they offered their "short-lived" In-depth EXC program on its Australian circumnavigation cruise and other cruises around the Pacific. Now, if HAL decides to bring back their In-depth EXC program on some extended nature-based cruises, we might get excited. But for now, Princess has our vote for the longer cruises.

The internet speed was pretty good earlier this month for me on the Regal. I had similar on the Caribbean in December. It was good enough for me to stream hockey games. I did have occasional problems with Cruise Critic, but I think it was a Cruise Critic problem--primarily with loading photos. I could usually get things to work by closing my browser and then going back into Cruise Critic.

Speed test 2022-02-08 Roatan.jpg

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

The internet speed was pretty good earlier this month for me on the Regal. I had similar on the Caribbean in December. It was good enough for me to stream hockey games. I did have occasional problems with Cruise Critic, but I think it was a Cruise Critic problem--primarily with loading photos. I could usually get things to work by closing my browser and then going back into Cruise Critic.

Speed test 2022-02-08 Roatan.jpg

Wow! That's amazing. The best we have ever got since cruising started back up using the Celebrity Streaming service was a little over 3 mbps tops!.

Just got off Enchanted and will echo the others.  We had a great time and really enjoyed the crowd size (about 50% full). Never a wait for an elevator and little difficulty finding a chair/lounger for shows or the sundeck.  Our last Princess was 20 years ago (Grand) and we have since been on RCL for 10 and Celebrity for the last 2.  As we are in our mid-50s now. Celebrity and Princess our more to our style (better food, feel, etc.), but there are times that I wish the entertainment was closer to RCL. (On this last Enchanted, mid-50s was definitely in the lower portion of the age demographic.) Plenty of trivia - so that should be to your liking.  Indoor masks were not a big deal for us, and was otherwise a classic cruise experience.

• Thanks 1