BinaxNOW Ag Card -vs- Inspire Diagnostics Product

gdlamberth

Does anyone have any recent experience using a negative result from a BinaxNOW Ag Card test for boarding an Oceania ship?  Website says O is partnered with Inspire for their easy at home test so I assume that is accepted.  I called O and was not able to get a simple Yes or No answer.  After searching this forum the latest discussion on this topic appears to be back in October.  Anything more recent would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Yesterday, we did the Binax now tests that I purchased from Emed.  It has to be a proctored test, O only accepts tests that are proctored, someone observes you take the actual test.  With shipping, I paid 205 for 6 tests.  We used our laptop to take the tests.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Yesterday, we did the Binax now tests that I purchased from Emed.  It has to be a proctored test, O only accepts tests that are proctored, someone observes you take the actual test.  With shipping, I paid 205 for 6 tests.  We used our laptop to take the tests.  

We used Binax in November from our hotel room in Trieste and was quick and easy.....glad to hear still the same.  We purchased 2 for $60.00 including shipping and received in 48 hours,.   Enjoy your cruise!

I did send an email to Oceania and just received this reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

Yes,  we have confirmed it is acceptable, as long as it is a proctored service provider which the Binax Now eMed offers

Thank You!!

Best Regards,

Colleen Belmont / Special Services Coordinator – Nautica
P: +1-800-531-5658 ext. 46979 / F: +1 305-514-2222

cbelmont@oceaniacruises.com | www.oceaniacruises.com 

Oceania Cruises

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

My Hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm (est)

• Like 1

While I was able to get the above answer to my specific question regarding a 25 March sailing; it is a somewhat complex question as Oceania is changing processes on 1 March.  As a result, anyone's experience prior to 1 March may or may not be terribly relevant.  

Just now, calicakes said:

Yes.  They never asked for the test results that we took proctor in our hotel room.

Yeah, that would only come into play if you tested positive at the pier. Then you would need that to be reimbursed for the cruise. No negative test, no refund. 

• Like 2