COVID testing in Seattle?

Mtngirl2

Hi, there,  I understand testing requirements might change between now and May, but where could I get COVID testing before my cruise in Seattle?  What places would you all recommend, where you can get a test acceptable by the cruise company and results come back within a short time frame?  Thanks!

Walgreens is doing them by appt and there are several locations. We're getting ours there which will satisfy the current Canada border crossing requirements as well as the cruise line. They only allow booking appts about 2 weeks prior.  Another option is Discover Health which also has several locations.  There's a current thread on the Princess boards with feedback about Walgreens and it works well.

• Like 1

Have you thought about just ordering the Abbott Binax-now self-test with the telehealth option?  That's what we did for a recent SF cruise.  We did the test, with the telehealth monitoring, from our hotel room 2 days before the cruise.  You could order it in advance, have it shipped to your home, and then just bring it with you.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been searching this same info.  I bought the eMed tests to bring with us but would also like a backup option like Walgreens.  One question - everything about the Walgreens option says "drive-thru only".  We won't have a car for the duration of our time in Seattle.  Can we just book a drive-thru appt and then walk in?  Has anyone done that?  

Last summer on our last cruise out of Seattle my wife and I both got tested at Walgreens 48 hours prior to our cruise. My wife got her results back the day after our cruise left Seattle, I never got my results back. We live in the Seattle area. Plan “B” was to call “Sound Mobile Diagnostics” since Walgreens dropped the ball. https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/?msclkid=c8e827fbafad11ec8033a54f0def465d he comes to you and does the test wherever you are at, in our case he came to our house. We both tested negative and he gave us the required paperwork to get on the cruise. When we got to Pier 91 in Seattle they barely glanced at the test results. I look at it this way, if I can afford to go on a cruise I can afford the peace of mind knowing I’m good to go. I've heard to many negative things about Abbott Binax-now self-test with the telehealth. Walgreens isn't ever going to be a option for us again. If your in Seattle and need a COVID test call Dr. Josh.

• 3 weeks later...

I reached out to the Seattle Visitor's Bureau and they sent me these options.  I did order the telehealth covid tests and we are going to test before we fly out - we should have our results then.  If we have issues, we will test once we get to Seattle (we are flying in on Wednesday and our cruise leaves on Friday):

+  Careful Mobile SEA Concierge Same-Day Covid Testing                 $180.00            206-586-8510

(At your home or work)

https://www.carefulmobile.com/how

+  Coronavirus Testing- Carbon Health –                    $165.00           206-350-7345 

220 6th Ave., N.  Seattle 98109

9:00am – 7:00pm

https://carbonhealth.com/covid-19-travel-clearance-seattle?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=seattle-6th-avenue&utm_content=website

SEA Airport

https://www.portseattle.org/page/travel-and-covid-19-testing

+  Curative – Washington State Convention Center

Test is free but NOT rapid testing facilities   Free

Test sent to CA, results in 2-3 days.

https://book.curative.com/search#9.72/47.5788/-122.3136

+  Go Lab:  www.GoLabSolutions.com

• Like 1

We’re planning on using Curative for testing. Appears some of their locations are doing different tests. You can get a PCR test with results normally in 2 hours at the Cornish Playhouse at the Seattle Center.

Walgreens also has antigen tests with results in 2 hours.

• Like 1

We will be in Seattle for 2 nights prior to our cruise on May 20. It was my plan to get an appointment at a Walgreens somewhere on our drive to Seattle from the Portland area. Only a small handful of people posting here have mentioned using Walgreens. I am wondering why. Is it because Walgreens is unreliable? Or is it that people are not aware of the free testing at Walgreens.  Or? If you can shed some light on why people may not be using Walgreens Covid testing services, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pisces223 said:

Only a small handful of people posting here have mentioned using Walgreens.

If you search “Walgreens” on CC you will find dozens of posts about covid tests. Most are positive, some not.  We were going to use them although Curative is a bit closer.

• Like 2

I just made an appointment to have “Sound Mobile Diagnostics”  https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/?msclkid=c8e827fbafad11ec8033a54f0def465d come by our hotel and give us the test.

I just called ArriveCAN at 1-833-283-7403 and spoke with a nice agent and Yes we do have to set up a ArriveCan account and upload our vaccination cards etc. on the ArriveCan AP or on the web site prior to your cruise out of Seattle.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pisces223 said:

We will be in Seattle for 2 nights prior to our cruise on May 20. It was my plan to get an appointment at a Walgreens somewhere on our drive to Seattle from the Portland area. Only a small handful of people posting here have mentioned using Walgreens. I am wondering why. Is it because Walgreens is unreliable? Or is it that people are not aware of the free testing at Walgreens.  Or? If you can shed some light on why people may not be using Walgreens Covid testing services, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

I checked Walgreen’s and won’t  use them in Seattle (at least the downtown area) for two reasons: 

1. They require you to use the drive-thru from a car. I will not have a car and not sure if a cab or Uber / Lyft would take me through a drive-thru to get a Covid test.

2. The locations in the downtown area I checked only give the Rapid Test if you certify you have been exposed to someone with Covid. Otherwise you must take a lab test that may take 2 days or more to receive results. If I answer that I have been exposed to get the Rapid Test, and that is listed on the test results form, that could potentially prevent me from boarding the ship.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I just made an appointment to have “Sound Mobile Diagnostics”  https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/?msclkid=c8e827fbafad11ec8033a54f0def465d come by our hotel and give us the test.

I just called ArriveCAN at 1-833-283-7403 and spoke with a nice agent and Yes we do have to set up a ArriveCan account and upload our vaccination cards etc. on the ArriveCan AP or on the web site prior to your cruise out of Seattle.

Can you provide pricing information on this option?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, Glaciers said:

We’re using Curative as they have the closest location to where we live here in Seattle and they do walk ups with appt. Our backup is Walgreens and another backup is Discovery Health.

https://book.curative.com/search#9/47.6144/-122.3447

https://discoveryhealthmd.com/covid-19-travel-testing_test-to-fly/

Can you please update how well the curative worked?We are cruising in September and there is a curative location close to the hotel in Seattle. We are flying in on Wednesday and cruising out on Friday. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Speedy55 said:

Can you please update how well the curative worked?

We had scheduled an appt but arrived 30 minutes early. They were taking walkups as well. Regardless of booking an appt, everyone stood in line. We got to the testing desk about the time we scheduled the appt for. You do the swab yourself while someone observes. The swab only goes up the nose a short ways. Quick and easy. We received our results in 90 minutes, emailed and by text.  We had insurance and the policy number was entered when scheduling the appt. We were never charged for anything.