Big gap in double bed...normal for Carnival?

craig01020

Just completed our first-ever Carnival cruise on Freedom. Our cabin had the two twin beds pushed together, but there was a really big ravine between them. I asked our room steward to fix it and he just made sure the mattresses were strapped tighter together, but the gap remained.

I've never experienced this on other cruise lines.  Is this the norm for Carnival? Thanks.

I've never noticed it being larger than similarly 'joined' beds on other cruise lines or in Europe, but it does bother us from time to time.  

I know you used to be able to request egg crates for on top of the mattress - not sure how that works, exactly, but you might be able to bridge the gap that way?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Virga said:

I've never noticed it being larger than similarly 'joined' beds on other cruise lines or in Europe, but it does bother us from time to time.  

I know you used to be able to request egg crates for on top of the mattress - not sure how that works, exactly, but you might be able to bridge the gap that way?

Normally that's what's done without asking;there's a topper that's placed on top of the two beds. I've never had a cabin where they just push the two beds together and then use larger sheets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Normally that's what's done without asking;there's a topper that's placed on top of the two beds. I've never had a cabin where they just push the two beds together and then use larger sheets. 

I wonder if that's why I've never noticed it being unacceptably larger than elsewhere - and wonder if maybe somehow OP's steward forgot to install one?

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, Virga said:

I wonder if that's why I've never noticed it being unacceptably larger than elsewhere - and wonder if maybe somehow OP's steward forgot to install one?

Could be they were just all in use elsewhere.

Just one time 

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

. Our cabin had the two twin beds pushed together, but there was a really big ravine between them.

Just one time An Interior on I think the Elation. I was doing a solo and Id wake up in the morning with my foot or leg caught in the ravine They brought a different mattress did the strappy thing but it made no difference LOL

Guest BasicSailor
51 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Sometimes. I've fallen in the gap before.

Did you ever get out?🙃 They say a few people have never been found before. If they did, they were never the same.Scared Hights Smiley

We noticed the gap for the first time (in over 30 cruises) on our January cruise, then again on our February cruise. I hadn't though much about it till this post. Now you will have me looking for it. Maybe it is another "since covid you have to ask for it" thing. You guys decide what I need to ask for, will ya? 😁

12/26 on Sunshine there was a noticeable separation, seemed to be worse by morning. Guess it just made me more careful to stay on one side, even though I was solo. Definitely don't think there was an egg crate or any other topper.

• Like 1