When does OBC from Travel Agent show up?

mafig

Ours has been upon embarkation, and certificates were included in our stateroom with all the introductory paperwork usually left on the bed. We had one time when it wasn't there. So we went to guest services, provided proof of it as part of our receipt from the TA, and NCL contacted the TA on our behalf. It was straightened out quickly.

Something to note - that we finally learned - the OBC you receive from your TA is generally purchased as a gift through NCL. SO! If you don't spend it all, you can go to guest services and ask to cash that out **but only the OBC purchased by your TA, not any OBC you may have received from NCL**

If you don't spend it or don't cash it out, NCL will then refund it to the original form of payment, which means it goes back to your TA. 

Also, what happened with us was I kept getting notices to go to guest services to discuss my account. Because I had not charged much to our on board account, the guest service agent told me "you need to spend more money onboard". To which I kind of chuckled, knowing full well that I was going to cash out towards the end of the week. 

I always look at it as my 10% cash back on my cruise fare. 

4 minutes ago, jamminlion said:

Ours has been upon embarkation, and certificates were included in our stateroom with all the introductory paperwork usually left on the bed. We had one time when it wasn't there. So we went to guest services, provided proof of it as part of our receipt from the TA, and NCL contacted the TA on our behalf. It was straightened out quickly.

Something to note - that we finally learned - the OBC you receive from your TA is generally purchased as a gift through NCL. SO! If you don't spend it all, you can go to guest services and ask to cash that out **but only the OBC purchased by your TA, not any OBC you may have received from NCL**

Good to know. I think I might be getting some OBC on my cruise next week and being able to cash it out is a nice option as I can book stuff now and use that to pay it off.