Le Bistro's Lobster Thermidor +$25 upcharge on Getaway. It was only +10 on Gem last month (pics)

fstuff1

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Looks like a la carte prices went up on every item on that menu.  Back in December, the veal wasn't over $40 and I'm fairly certain Fruits de Mer was about $30 instead of $35.

Oh.. so they raised prices for Feb 2022?

Looks like this will be my last lobster thermidor. 

😞

Also, there's not much at le bistro for platinum dinners. 

Only 3 main dinner items are $35 and under 😮

Hey did the B2B with you on the Gem.

So on our 1st Gem voyage the Lobster Thermidor had a $10 surcharge, but on the 2nd it had a $25 surcharge.

BUT, we got everything (EVERYTHING) refunded to us for both because of the 1st voyage and booking both as 1 reservation...

We didn't also know we would get everything refunded until a week after the end of the 2nd cruise and it just showed up on my CC.

Stay positive and safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

All the cruise lines have massive debt loads to support. Also food and beverage provisioning costs have most likely gone up - I know my average grocery bill is up 50% vs pre-pandemic with little to no variation in what I buy. Couple this with lower capacity looking to be a longer term issue it’s not surprising they are trying to find additional revenue where and when they can. Not saying I like the price hikes, but I understand why. 

8 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Oh.. so they raised prices for Feb 2022?

Looks like this will be my last lobster thermidor. 

😞

Also, there's not much at le bistro for platinum dinners. 

Only 3 main dinner items are $35 and under 😮

Wow. I hope  they  raise the value  of the  Platinum  voucher. It isn't a very good perk if you can't  get  anything special. I would like to get the sole with my  voucher  when  we dine at Le Bistro  next month. It will be our first  cruise since the  shutdown.  We  have  been  waiting  a long time for these special  dinners.