Sirena Transatlantic 29th March 2022

Algie21

Hi,

Are there any update of Sirena transatlantic leaving Barbados on the 29th March.

I see the ship is still in La Spezia,Italy.

I wondered how long it would take to cross the Atlantic to get Barbados.

Also if the cruise was going to be cancelled ,would it have already have been done so by now.

I see that the cruise is still be sold by various agents.

I would appreciate any comments as i am booked on this trip.

Thanks

The roll call for this trip is just getting a little lively and one of our fellow passengers to be contacted Oceania this week and were told that it is going ahead. 

As our cruise with a few stops is taking 14 days … there’s plenty of time …. Guessing there will be some sort of shakedown either to Miami or from Miami to Barbados prior to our cruise 🙂

19 minutes ago, Algie21 said:

Thanks ToxM,

I thought it is getting a bit late for a cancellation and we still have over 4 weeks.

I need to check the rolls calls.

We will see you onboard 🙂

Haven't the Sirena cruises in the Carib, and the T/A, been transferred to Marina?  I can't believe that O would have Sirena come from the Med to Barbados empty in order to run its T/A back to the Med.

But, I've been surprised by lesser things before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Haven't the Sirena cruises in the Carib, and the T/A, been transferred to Marina?  I can't believe that O would have Sirena come from the Med to Barbados empty in order to run its T/A back to the Med.

I was initially wondering that but O have consistently said to people booked that the cruise is going ahead. If they were going to cancel then the ideal time for them would have been when they transferred the other itins to Marina. They have been consistent since then that the cruise is going ahead. In fact I even got an email from them today that it was 30 days to go til my cruise. 

I really hope they don’t renege on this .. and to be honest I don’t think they will. 

On 2/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, golfguyhhi said:

One would think so, or at least I would. Oceania is still listing four March eastbound transatlantic voyages for sale: Riviera (18th), Marina (19th), Insignia (23rd), and Sirena. The first three are all on the correct side of the Atlantic to make the trip.

If they cancel, would they offer passengers the option of taking one of the other three? It would be difficult to rearrange an international trip in less than two or three weeks.

Note: I’m booked on the Riviera transatlantic, so this just my curiosity acting up. Trying to figure out how Oceania handles it when things go somewhat sideways, since this will be our first trip with them. So far, they seem to have a bit of a communication problem with their customers. 

We will be on the Sirena on May 6 in Istanbul. Have been watching this forum out of curiosity. Assuming this TA goes, you will have a lot of restaurant openings you can schedule! Dover Sole every night? Lobsters for lunch anyone? And best of all - Miso Glazed Sea Bass. Yum.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, cswhistler said:

On line check in came by e mail this morning-- it all looks hopeful.

All checked in - sad there are no tags on the pdf - we leave for Barbados on the 20th so will probably get home to the blue book!

Grabbed an 11am embarkation time. Sorted out precruise antigen tests as well yesterday. 

Almost all sorted… counting the minutes at this point… 

Traveling to Sirena by air to Barbados. I bought the Binax Now Covid test that you do at home and is proctored on line while you take the test. Is that accepted to enter Barbados?  I know Oceania accepts the test but am not sure if I can get into the country of Barbados or if they will not allow me through customs with the home test. Please advise. 

2 hours ago, ael123 said:

Traveling to Sirena by air to Barbados. I bought the Binax Now Covid test that you do at home and is proctored on line while you take the test. Is that accepted to enter Barbados?  I know Oceania accepts the test but am not sure if I can get into the country of Barbados or if they will not allow me through customs with the home test. Please advise. 

Has to be a medical personnel carried out test to get into Barbados. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see from the Cruisemapper.com site that the Sirena is docked in Bridgetown, waiting for you all to come aboard tomorrow. I'm sure once you embark on this marvelous crossing the last thing you'll be doing is updating this board. We will be stating on our Sirena cruise in Istanbul, so we were wondering if you could tell us who the Oceania Ambassador is for your cruise. We've been told that our friend Dottie Kulasa will be our Cruise Director - perhaps she is yours too?

Thank you and have a great cruise. 

Did Oceania require that you get a CPR test 3 days before the cruise?  Did you have to take a COVID test in a tent before getting on the Sirena?  That is what we had to do in February on the Riviera and was wondering if it is the same now.

Thanks and enjoy the cruise!

2 hours ago, Cruze4Ever said:

Did Oceania require that you get a CPR test 3 days before the cruise?  Did you have to take a COVID test in a tent before getting on the Sirena?  That is what we had to do in February on the Riviera and was wondering if it is the same now.

Test 3 days before, no tent test if you had a negative test within the timeframe. 

3 hours ago, Cruze4Ever said:

Unless the rules suddenly stiffened at the same time the mask rules were loosening, in January and February was saying that IF you got a test before the cruise [which could be either PCR or Antigen] they would cover your costs if the port test was positive.  It was not a requirement that you do so.