WhaleTail Taking on the Sailbration on MG March 5-12th.

WhaleTailFlCruiser

4 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Good morning from Mardi Gras I slept like a baby, Time I get dressed and go to sea day brunch. I mean who goes to Lido on a sea day for breakfast lol. 

Definitely me - breakfast burrito from Blue Iguana and/or chicken tenders from Big Chicken.

3 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

40min wait and counting for brunch 

Yep, see above. 😂

On 3/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

My social anxiety is off the charts they stuck me in the middle of the restaurant it feels like 

9807B5C5-30E8-4F17-B542-4EB0785215DC.jpeg

I’m about to take my first-ever solo cruise (normally with husband and kids). Do you eat dinner at an assigned time, or anytime? And do you request to eat with others?

I haven’t quite decided what to do yet.

8 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

I’m about to take my first-ever solo cruise (normally with husband and kids). Do you eat dinner at an assigned time, or anytime? And do you request to eat with others?

I haven’t quite decided what to do yet.

Anytime on MG so I can eat at the free speciality restaurants. And well anytime is usually just your party? But I have found a couple friends that I am eating with now. I don’t mind eating alone as long as I am off to the side and not in the middle. 

• Like 2

I am following along.  My week on the Mardi Gras was wonderful.  I hope you have a great time.  Even though they have the lights on the steps, I have seen people trip over them in the Limelight Lounge and the mid show area.  

Thanks for posting all of those pictures and virtually taking us on your cruise.  Have a blast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am following along.  My week on the Mardi Gras was wonderful.  I hope you have a great time.  Even though they have the lights on the steps, I have seen people trip over them in the Limelight Lounge and the mid show area.  

Thanks for posting all of those pictures and virtually taking us on your cruise.  Have a blast!

Those steps in the Mardi Gras theater really mess with my eyes. I trip about every other step. It looks like the step is where the lights are but it’s 6 inches beyond. Lol I trip down and up them. 

Edited by AtSeaWithChris
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

They really need to think about this with the rest of the Excel class as they build. I don't have the answer but this ain't it. No matter how well you light it, people drink, ya know? And even for those who don't, people don't look down at their feet every step they take, they primarily look ahead of them, and even more so when there are shiny objects all over to distract them from: the floor. It's a flaw, no other word for it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I conquered Bolt…. somehow didn’t die. I feel accomplished for the day. 

We loved Bolt! We were on MG in August and it was 1 time around. I read somewhere on here that it is 2 times around now? Is that true?

14 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Also they installed lights under all those ledge steps people were tripping on @KmomChicago

CDB025DE-5DBE-4C72-B5AF-75B763E42894.jpeg

Thank goodness! I was a victim of the hidden step in August even though I knew ahead of time that it was there!

• Like 2

John just announced  that at approximately 4pm the ships will start to form a V formation with Mardi Gras at the front. And after we do the Shiptok the captain will pivot on he ship 360 so we can see all the other ships and then he will put the bow towards the other ships and horn wars will commence 

• Like 9