CHECKING IN, ' WE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG'

shakeNbake

17 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Well, since the thread has been resurrected (and for another Royal newbie), is it better in general to check in using the app or via one's online account on a PC?

It's best to check in via the app.  You can scan your passport and take a selfie.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Well, since the thread has been resurrected (and for another Royal newbie), is it better in general to check in using the app or via one's online account on a PC?

The only benefit to the app that I see is being able to pick your arrival time w/o having to fill out the rest of the info first.

Otherwise I use the website for the rest of check-in.

But overall, it's totally a preference thing. Both the app and website do the same things.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, soremekun said:

It's best to check in via the app.  You can scan your passport and take a selfie.

I prefer the PC. I have one of those passports that just does not like being scanned (phone, airport kiosk, check-in agents.....my passport ends up being manually entered about half the time), so I find it easier to enter it manually on a PC. I also just use a security photo that is saved in my pictures (cell phone backups). I just find a keyboard, mouse, and my fairly decent sized monitor screen easier to work with.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The only benefit to the app that I see is being able to pick your arrival time w/o having to fill out the rest of the info first.

@smokeybandit is correct here. If I want an arrival time and do not have the info or time to check-in on PC, will just grab a time and finish on PC later.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, KroozNut said:

On the App you can quickly skip to the "pick your check in time" and then come back later to fill in the rest of the inforamtion.  On-line, you have to go through almost the entire process before it gets to the check-in time.  Lots of people use the app shortly after midnight of the first day for check in and go in and pick the earliest available check in time.  Later that day or days later they go back in and complete the check in process while keeping that early check in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1