On Seashore now, Feb 26 - Mar 12 NOT YC, any questions

ready2cruzagain

22 hours ago, crusintime123 said:

Looks like they are starting to relax the protocols a little.  Any idea on the passenger count?

Thanks.

There are 1,513 passengers this week. There will be 2,500 passengers next week.

they still have the main theater with social distancing seating.

21 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

How is the main dining room food?  Are you assigned to a time and dining room or do you make reservations?

New to MSC and considering a cruise on the Seashore in the fall

The MDR food has been great. Shocking is the large portions. That was not the case in the past.

Aurea has anytime dining. Otherwise, fixed seating.  Early dining is 5:45 and 6pm. Late sing is 8:30 and 8:45.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, amygutman said:

Looking forward to your thoughts!

I am curious about ports in regards to opening up non-cruise-ship excursion options.

We are not huge fans of sponsored excursions (other than the bonus of not being left behind if running late), but were hoping to get off the ship to do shopping for crew members. 

As a former cruise MD, I know how important it is to get off the ship even for a few hours to get basic necessities - laundry detergent, snacks, socks, hose, etc. We were hoping to hit the local drug stores / markets to go shopping for crew members who can't leave the ship due to covid regulations but understand from other posters that this is not an option at least in Jamaica. 

I know things are changing all the time, but I appreciate any insight. 

Warmest, Amy

Will let you know, we are at Jamaica our first port and cannot go outside port area and that is super small

16 hours ago, mreic082 said:

We are on Seashore next week. I'm really interested in seeing how many people will be on the ship with us. Selfishly, we are hoping for a lower capacity. I'm glad to hear that they are lightening up on social distancing a bit and we can sit at a bar to grab a drink. 

Strange question, but how are the elevators? I know they have that new system. Are they crowded? Are the waits long?

Also, if you get a chance, could you post schedules and/or menus? 

Enjoy your cruise!! 

In my kindle and to hard to do photos, sorry. 2,500 is what the count is for next week.Love the new elevators. Always just us on them. Not sure how many.

13 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Hello, 

The embarkation how long did it take you?

What time were you allowed in your cabin?

Has the captain announced how many passengers?

Are cabins being cleaned only once a day? (I heard you have to specify day or night service).

Are all shows a go? (I heard there were cancellations)

Enjoy your cruise!! We are sailing on the next one March 5th 🥰

13 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Embarkation took 45 minutes

Cabin ready when we got on the ship

1,513 passengers

Cabin cleaned twice a day, did not have to ask

All shows are a go and love them

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Enjoy your cruise!  I watched you leave on Port Miami webcam this Saturday.

We are on Seashore on April 30 in regular non-YC so would very much appreciate any MDR menus and dailies that you can share.  Also have a couple random questions:

• Food Q:  Are there free snacks in any of the bars/lounges?  Maybe in Champagne/Wine/Sky Bar?  We have the Easy Plus package if that makes any difference.  On both Divina and Meraviglia we found free snacks in the plaza and in the top sky bar (Divina was by far the best, including free sports bar food!).  Is there anything similar in any of the bars or lounges or is the only casual snack option the buffet?
  • Coffee/Drinks Q:  I've seen several menus with some fancy chocolate and coffee drinks (Bailey's Coffee, After Eight Hot Chocolate, etc.), is any of that available and included with a drinks package?  We had a drinks package on Megaviglia but we told that there were no specialty coffees anywhere as it is only for European sailings, but apparently on Seaside there was a "secret" bar to get them?
  • Ocean Cay Q:  We would like to book a kayak or two for a few hours to explore on our own.  I see that there is a "package" of kayak rental for 1 hour for $29.  What is included in this "package", and is this $29 per hour or however long you want to use it?  I am confused since it has both "package" and "hour" listed, and, well, it's MSC so you never know what you get lol.  Same for wave runner 1.5 hour rental:  can't figure out if it's on your own or if you have to follow someone in a line as an "excursion"?
  • San Juan Q:  Does the ship dock at the Old San Juan docks (near old town) or the new ones a couple miles away?  I.e., can you walk into town or do you need a cab from the docks?

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and have a wonderful vacation!!

No free snacks that I have seen. Sports bar is a pay venue in Seashore

specialty drinks, coffee, is included with the easy plus package

the rest I do not know and will try to find out

33 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

The MDR food has been great. Shocking is the large portions. That was not the case in the past.

Aurea has anytime dining. Otherwise, fixed seating.  Early dining is 5:45 and 6pm. Late sing is 8:30 and 8:45.

Appreciate the response!

Hi @ready2cruzagain!  I hope you're having a great time on board!  

The one question I haven't been able to track down on google or in these forums relates to the "All-Inclusive Digital Photo Package" that they offer.  The way it reads, if my cabin is 4 people, then we buy 1 of these packages and we get digital downloads of all of our pictures throughout the week.  It specifically says that "Photos of others in your party not travelling in your cabin including Super-Family cabins" are not included.  

We will have 2 cabins with 7 of us (parents/kids/grandparents).  If I have to buy 1 package for each cabin to ensure we get all of our photos, I will do that.  However, some people seem to say that MSC ignores their own rules, and that you can just collect all of the photos under the same card and not have to pay twice.  I wish I could get a straight answer on this!  

So, if you wander down to the photo desk, perhaps you could inquire about the All-Inclusive package, and what happens if you buy it for your cabin, but your kids/family are in another cabin?  Will they exclude the photos of the others unless you buy them a package, or do they honor family?

Many thanks and have a great time!

7 hours ago, AngryBirdah said:

The one question I haven't been able to track down on google or in these forums relates to the "All-Inclusive Digital Photo Package" that they offer.  The way it reads, if my cabin is 4 people, then we buy 1 of these packages and we get digital downloads of all of our pictures throughout the week.  It specifically says that "Photos of others in your party not travelling in your cabin including Super-Family cabins" are not included.  

We will have 2 cabins with 7 of us (parents/kids/grandparents).  If I have to buy 1 package for each cabin to ensure we get all of our photos, I will do that.  However, some people seem to say that MSC ignores their own rules, and that you can just collect all of the photos under the same card and not have to pay twice.  I wish I could get a straight answer on this!  

So, if you wander down to the photo desk, perhaps you could inquire about the All-Inclusive package, and what happens if you buy it for your cabin, but your kids/family are in another cabin?  Will they exclude the photos of the others unless you buy them a package, or do they honor family?

Since it seems to not be consistent, might want to just wait to ask when you are on the ship. Sounds like the answer you receive this week, may not be the same answer you get when you are on board. 

13 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Embarkation took 45 minutes

Cabin ready when we got on the ship

1,513 passengers

Cabin cleaned twice a day, did not have to ask

All shows are a go and love them

Not to be ugly in any way to people asking questions, but please enjoy your cruise. Hope you are not running around trying to answer all these questions while you are on vacation. 😁  most can wait until after you return home. Seashore is great. Enjoy for sure! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Will let you know, we are at Jamaica our first port and cannot go outside port area and that is super small

Thank you!

I just searched online for port info - there are variety and drug stores so that should be great for crew shopping. 

Really appreciate you and hope you get some relaxing time on your balcony!

Warmest, Amy

On 2/28/2022 at 4:54 AM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Enjoy your cruise!  I watched you leave on Port Miami webcam this Saturday.

We are on Seashore on April 30 in regular non-YC so would very much appreciate any MDR menus and dailies that you can share.  Also have a couple random questions:

• Food Q:  Are there free snacks in any of the bars/lounges?  Maybe in Champagne/Wine/Sky Bar?  We have the Easy Plus package if that makes any difference.  On both Divina and Meraviglia we found free snacks in the plaza and in the top sky bar (Divina was by far the best, including free sports bar food!).  Is there anything similar in any of the bars or lounges or is the only casual snack option the buffet?
  • Coffee/Drinks Q:  I've seen several menus with some fancy chocolate and coffee drinks (Bailey's Coffee, After Eight Hot Chocolate, etc.), is any of that available and included with a drinks package?  We had a drinks package on Megaviglia but we told that there were no specialty coffees anywhere as it is only for European sailings, but apparently on Seaside there was a "secret" bar to get them?
  • Ocean Cay Q:  We would like to book a kayak or two for a few hours to explore on our own.  I see that there is a "package" of kayak rental for 1 hour for $29.  What is included in this "package", and is this $29 per hour or however long you want to use it?  I am confused since it has both "package" and "hour" listed, and, well, it's MSC so you never know what you get lol.  Same for wave runner 1.5 hour rental:  can't figure out if it's on your own or if you have to follow someone in a line as an "excursion"?
  • San Juan Q:  Does the ship dock at the Old San Juan docks (near old town) or the new ones a couple miles away?  I.e., can you walk into town or do you need a cab from the docks?

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and have a wonderful vacation!!

So far I have gotten specialty coffees at the Atrium bar and Brooklyn Cafe

17 hours ago, AngryBirdah said:

I asked and if just you , your spouse and kids 10 and under only one package is needed. Since your second cabin has adults and kids over tenyrs then YOU will have to buy a package for each cabin. It is cheaper to buy before boarding. In board it is $200 per package + 15%. Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Thank you for gathering the intel for us, much appreciated!  Please let us know what you like/dislike and any tips would be great, like fun "secret" spots etc.

Most importantly - have fun, you are on vacation!  Although would love to see any dailies/menus when you return.

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

So far I have gotten specialty coffees at the Atrium bar and Brooklyn Cafe

That's it. For the ones interested on this little MSC secret: One of the corners of one deck on the atrium bar is usually used for those "coffee delights" you can obtain from the drinks package. Sometimes it is somewhat "hidden" because of the specialty vendors aboard. Sometimes it is near the breakfast MDR entrance. If that place named "Brooklyn Cafe" is on or near the atrium bar, so that maybe the place on Seashore. Covid related restrictions may apply depending on ship capacity or staffing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

That's it. For the ones interested on this little MSC secret: One of the corners of one deck on the atrium bar is usually used for those "coffee delights" you can obtain from the drinks package. Sometimes it is somewhat "hidden" because of the specialty vendors aboard. Sometimes it is near the breakfast MDR entrance. If that place named "Brooklyn Cafe" is on or near the atrium bar, so that maybe the place on Seashore. Covid related restrictions may apply depending on ship capacity or staffing.

That's it - "coffee delights" is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I asked about them when on Mera pre-Covid but was told there is no such thing by the Atrium bar staff (knowing MSC, not that it really means there was no such thing, of course).

14 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I asked and if just you , your spouse and kids 10 and under only one package is needed. Since your second cabin has adults and kids over tenyrs then YOU will have to buy a package for each cabin. It is cheaper to buy before boarding. In board it is $200 per package + 15%. Hope this helps

@ready2cruzagain THANK YOU!!!  You are forever my hero!!!  Many, many thanks for taking the time to check that for us!  

Have a fantastic rest of your cruise and we'll take Seashore off your hands on March 12th!

On 3/1/2022 at 7:09 PM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

While we are on the topic of drink delights: does the champagne bar on Seashore (or really any bar, but seems like this is the most likely location) have champagne/prosecco drinks like Aperol Spritz, Bellini, Kir Royal and such?

All bars have the Aperol Spritz that I have seen.