Trip Report: MSC Seashore Feb 19, 2022 Bella Experience with Photos

Match Game 72

This is a detailed trip report of our escape from frozen Maine during school vacation week, February 2022. We are DW(49) - me; DH(50); and DS(15). We had a Bella experience booked as was assigned a Fantastica cabin (11056). 

We flew from Logan airport to Fort Lauderdale on Feb 18. Our JetBlue flight was delayed about an hour. So we arrived in Fort Lauderdale around midnight. Since we were late, the hotel shuttle had stopped running.  We ordered a Lyft, and it was the third Lyft ride that eventually drove us to the Ramada near the FLL airport.

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022
On Saturday, I woke too early  - before six a.m. I did a load of laundry with our travel clothes from the day before. The breakfast buffet at the Ramada was disappointing, but I managed to eat some oatmeal and got sausage for my husband.

We took Jiffy Jeff shared transportation to the Port of Miami. The driver was five minutes earlier than the time he told me that morning. We rushed from the room to meet a van with three other groups already onboard. Our next stop was the Port of Miami.

The embarkation process for MSC Seashore took us a little over an hour. We dropped off three rolling bags with the porter.
Once inside the terminal our passports were checked. Then we each had a covid test -our second for the trip since we had tested using emed's proctored test on Thursday. Next, security reviewed our paperwork including our vaccine cards. We put our carry on bags through the scanner and then up the escalator to wait for test results.
We did see one family GRT pulled aside for additional covid testing, but happily, the three of us were all negative. Then we went to the check-in counter where there was a mishap with our cabin number. Our son was mysteriously put in a different cabin, and this took a few minutes to sort out. The next stop was to scan our cruise pass cards with ships security.

20220219_115559.jpg

Once onboard, we stopped at guest services to have my card reprinted with my loyalty status on it. Then we had lunch at the buffet. The buffet was abbreviated with about half of the serving counters closed. At each meal, however, we all found something to like. 

20220219_132526.jpg

20220219_132555.jpg

As is our custom, we walked around the ship visiting different venues and taking pictures. Seashore is a huge ship and beautifully decorated. We were told by guest services that 1300 passengers were aboard but the cruise director stated 1000. This means that the ship was at 20 to 25% capacity. We noticed it was easy to get seating wherever we went. And there were essentially no lines.

DSCN6274.JPG

DSCN6275.JPG

DSCN6277.JPG