Trip Report: MSC Seashore Feb 19, 2022 Bella Experience with Photos

Match Game 72

It was after 2 o'clock at this point. While we didn't hear an announcement, we headed to our cabin. And we took the elevator for the first time. I really liked the new technology that allowed you to select a floor before entering the lift. You were assigned to one of four lifts per bank, and there is no keypad inside the elevator. It was a much improved experience.

DSCN6382.JPG

Plugs on the desktop. Additionally, there is one USB outlet near the bed. There are no regular plugs near the bed.

(I don't know why the image appears upside down.) Now is a good moment to comment that the captain had a Welcome Back cocktail reception in the Jungle Pool. We didn't attend, but I mention it because the officers had not been seen on recent cruises.

20220224_163952.jpg

Edited by Match Game 72
upside down image

For this first nights dinner, we ate at Tribeca, the main dining room for vaccinated guests only. For the entire week, tables were assigned, but times were not. We only ended up eating in the main dining room twice - a very low number for us.

You can see how few neighbors we had the first night. Menus were provided on paper but not in a folder as they would have pre-covid.

20220219_192006.jpg

20220219_190355.jpg

20220219_190401.jpg

Our evenings were each spent in a similar manner. The three of us would watch a stage show in the Madison Theatre. Then DS would go to the Teen Club, and DH and I would listen to live music. 

My husband and I listened to dueling pianos near the Venchi bar. The wait staff only brings drinks from Venchi here and our easy plus drinks package was not applicable there. We liked the music well enough. They were playing hits from the 1990s. After that, we went to Brooklyn Cafe to listen to a jazz duo who was excellent.
We also saw Gravity in the main theatre. In my opinion, this show is not to be missed. The singers were very good. The two balancing acts and the woman with a hoop were excellent. The show was very entertaining,  and the right length of time.

Sunday, Feb 20, 2022
Today was our first stop at Ocean Cay, MSCs private island. My husband and I packed up our beach bag and went to the buffet for breakfast. We left our night owl teen sleeping. He knew to text us when he woke up and one of us would meet him at the security exit to join us on the beach.

20220220_102733.jpg

20220220_102738.jpg

20220220_102741.jpg

While at Ocean Day both our drink package and WiFi package worked. We found a nice spot on Lighthouse Beach with Adirondack chairs and a beach umbrella. The weather was low 80s with a constant breeze. We all went swimming in the slightly brisk water. I went snorkeling and saw four or five varieties of tropical fish near the lighthouse peninsula.

Lunch for us was at the beach buffet. They had a variety of salads, burgers, chicken, fish, and several baked goods for dessert. The food was very good. The fish I ate was better than the main dining room fish I ate the previous evening.

After lunch, we went back to our cabin, showered, and walked to the Lighthouse Bar on the island. The bar has comfortable seating, and a man was singing and playing guitar. It was an ideal setting, and we enjoyed two mojitos and a virgin strawberry daiquiri.

DSCN6402.JPG

DSCN6403.JPG

DSCN6401.JPG

What was next to do? Take a nap back in the cabin. After resting, we enjoyed an amazing meal at Kaito Teppanyaki. Part of the duo dining package we bought on the first day, the meal was a choice of two set menus. There were seven delicious courses...sushi, soup, salad, fish, meat, fried rice, and dessert.  I drank cold sake, and my husband had a Japanese beer, Ashi. This was one of the top meals we had on the Seashore.

20220220_174939.jpg

20220220_181048.jpg

20220220_180918.jpg

In the evening we enjoyed the stage show, Trailblazers. I felt that MSC really stepped up their show quality for Seashore. Talent was solid, costumes were beautiful, and in typical MSC fashion, speakers of any language could enjoy the show.

Entertainment also included the Van Gogh show in the Cabaret theatre. I am not sure that Van Gogh would have chosen the same music or choreography, but it was creative and interesting.

20220220_205020.jpg

20220220_205033.jpg

20220220_205052.jpg

20220220_205109.jpg

20220220_205143.jpg

Monday, February 21, 2022 day at sea
We slept until we heard an announcement reminding us of the one hour time change last night. And I realized that hot breakfast would end at 10:30 in the buffet. So we scrambled to get ready. Well, not my son, but he's a teen who likes sleeping in.

After breakfast, my husband and I finished exploring the ship. We saw all the areas that were marked on the map. Then we played cards in the Cabaret Rouge. An excellent, quiet place to enjoy an aft view of the water.

20220221_111053.jpg

20220221_113059.jpg

44 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

For this first nights dinner, we ate at Tribeca, the main dining room for vaccinated guests only. For the entire week, tables were assigned, but times were not. We only ended up eating in the main dining room twice - a very low number for us.

You can see how few neighbors we had the first night. Menus were provided on paper but not in a folder as they would have pre-covid.

20220219_192006.jpg

20220219_190355.jpg

20220219_190401.jpg

Do they normally assign a dining time?  Are you able to request a table for 2?