Any interest in Cunard Queen Vic maiden voyage?

thulewx

Just got the email from Pied Piper about the Cunard Queen Vistoria Maiden Voyage in Dec 2007. Anyone else interested? I did the QM2 Maiden and had a grand time - the floor plans of the new QV look interesting and prices aren't TOO bad for a maiden voyage. Plus, interesting first voyage - Northern Baltic for 11 days in DECEMBER...

Hi Phil,

I don't know if you remember us, our names are Tony & Frank and we met on the Radisson Voyager over Thanksgiving week about 2 years ago.

Yes the thought of going on the Maiden voyage of the Queen Victoria did cross my mind when we received the email from Pied Piper, but when I started looking at the itinerary and the time of year, my Florida blood starting getting a severe chill. I know you are used to cold weather being that you work in Greenland, by the way is that still the case.....

Can you imaging what it would be like in Norway in Dec, brrrrrrrrrrr.

So, I don't know is the answer, do we wait to do a spring or summer cruise on her or do we bite the bullet and do the inagural, something to think about. Hope your doing well.

Regards

Tony

Would love to do it. However, it not likely in terms of timing with other events (yeah, I actually have a 2008 vacation already planned) unless a rich millionaire relative whom I never knew died and left me with millions.

However, I am sure the QV someday will be a possibility.

Will be testing the mega sister of hers for the first time though - the QM2 in December 2006.

What are they thinking? Northern cruise from London in December? When you get up near Scandanavia it will be dark most of the day and nite .. the shortest day of the year (total darkness up there) is Dec 21st? and so COLD! BRRRRRRRR

I don't understand why they aren't heading south. No thanks!

• 6 months later...

Bon Voyage to all of you on the QV...I will toast to you while I am on my December Paul Gauguin cruise. My last cruise before moving to Florida!!!!!!!! Once the QV gets to the Caribbean...I will surely book.

And I do remember Tony and Francy.......might try to look you up for dinner in Feb before the RSVP cruise on Princess......hope all is well.

Tom aka bertha

Afraid we will only be there to wave you all off!!! ... and we will be there.

Phil did you book???

Hi Bill and Ray how are you both - you had a long wait for this maiden voyage!!!

We are sun seekers too - so will be on the NY to LA segment of the maiden world cruise.

cheers

Ken & Phill

No, I didn't book - by the time I got the info from Pied Piper, all the decently priced cabins were sold out. Plus I wasn't too keen on a winter itinerary in Northern Europe.

I also decided to save some money and retire early - as a matter of fact, I have two weeks left before I depart the great white North for good, and head for warmer weather in Georgia - I can't wait!!!

• 3 months later...
What are they thinking? Northern cruise from London in December? When you get up near Scandanavia it will be dark most of the day and nite .. the shortest day of the year (total darkness up there) is Dec 21st? and so COLD! BRRRRRRRR

I don't understand why they aren't heading south. No thanks!

No no no, Oslo is still way below the polar circle and there it will get light during daytime. Expect daylight around 9 9.30 and sunset around 3.30pm.

You will find most cities in nice Christmas decorations and it's worth a visit I imagine.

Reint

Archived