Half Moon Cay cabana - worth it?

iheartmarshall

Cruising to HMC in June 2022 and am debating purchasing a clamshell.  I've heard horror stories of people getting there late and there not being any clamshells left, but I'm pale AF and the shade would be a nice option.  If you've purchased one, are they worth it?  Any tips or things I should know?

Thanks in advance!

35 minutes ago, iheartmarshall said:

Cruising to HMC in June 2022 and am debating purchasing a clamshell.  I've heard horror stories of people getting there late and there not being any clamshells left, but I'm pale AF and the shade would be a nice option.  If you've purchased one, are they worth it?  Any tips or things I should know?

Thanks in advance!

I meant to put clamshell in the title, not cabana.  I can't edit but I'm definitely asking about the clamshells. 🙂

I don't know offhand how much they cost, but I just wanted to comment that I had a friend in high school with skin like yours (assuming that's your picture in your avatar), and by the end of our first day on our senior trip to Florida, he looked like a lobster. Shade would have been a godsend on that day. 🙂 If I planned to sit for an extended period rather than exploring, I'd probably spring for it.

Just returned from Half Moon Cay.  I think we paid $30 for a clamshell. Definitely worth it as there is no shade on the beach.  Get there early and there should be plenty available.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, Leen729 said:

Just returned from Half Moon Cay.  I think we paid $30 for a clamshell. Definitely worth it as there is no shade on the beach.  Get there early and there should be plenty available.

Can those be rented on the island as well or are they only available thru the cruise planner?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own "clamshell" (actually one of those small pop up tents for the beach that are shaped like the clamshell,  but it's not as heavy or thick as the ones on HMC.)

29 minutes ago, moobear67 said:

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own "clamshell" (actually one of those small pop up tents for the beach that are shaped like the clamshell,  but it's not as heavy or thick as the ones on HMC.)

Asked here a few times. Yes, you can...if you wish to use that sort of space. But I would be considerate of not blocking the views of others.