Transfer from QM2 to Newark airport

Queenie52

Hi 

We are on the QM2 which docks in New York in July 2022. We have a flight back to Manchester included and this is from Newark. Does anyone know if transfer from the ship to the airport is arranged or do we have to sort this out ourselves? 
Thanks. 

I assume @Queenie52 is talking about a flight back to the UK from New York which is included in their booking made under the UK booking conditions. That included flight also includes the airport transfer from the ship, in this case a transfer to Newark airport.

I would image the arrangements for the airport transfer would be communicated on board by a letter from the tour office near the end of the voyage along with the special luggage labels that are sent to each cabin with Cunard transfers. But I've only dealt with US bookings where I've arranged my own flights and purchased airport transfers, so I don't know for sure how that works for UK bookings with included flights and transfers.

I think we will need someone from the UK who knows the procedure for the included flights from New York to let us know how the details of the included airport transfers are communicated to the guests.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I assume @Queenie52 is talking about a flight back to the UK from New York which is included in their booking made under the UK booking conditions. That included flight also includes the airport transfer from the ship, in this case a transfer to Newark airport.

I think we will need someone from the UK who knows the procedure for the included flights from New York to let us know how the details of the included airport transfers are communicated to the guests.

We flew back to the UK from JFK post our 2019 Caribbean cruise. Coaches were laid on outside the Red Hook cruise terminal, which took us to a holding hotel where we had a room provided and then when time came for us to catch our flight we were transferred by minibus to the terminal. All very civilised.

May I ask the definition of “room” please? Was it a room like a conference suite for everyone to use or a hotel bedroom for private use? The reason for asking is when flying I always make private arrangements for travel between UK and USA and return building in some pre-cruise time in NYC but with the pandemic and other issues it may make sense to remain within Cunard’s umbrella of care throughout.

14 hours ago, rakkor said:

We flew back to the UK from JFK post our 2019 Caribbean cruise. Coaches were laid on outside the Red Hook cruise terminal, which took us to a holding hotel where we had a room provided and then when time came for us to catch our flight we were transferred by minibus to the terminal. All very civilised.

2 hours ago, Yaldi said:

May I ask the definition of “room” please? Was it a room like a conference suite for everyone to use or a hotel bedroom for private use? The reason for asking is when flying I always make private arrangements for travel between UK and USA and return building in some pre-cruise time in NYC but with the pandemic and other issues it may make sense to remain within Cunard’s umbrella of care throughout.

It was a room with a bed & TV, a nice place to flop while we waited for the flight. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was the Hilton by JFK. Obviously we got this as we had several hours before our evening flight home, others were taken directly to JFK for earlier flights.

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

It was a room with a bed & TV, a nice place to flop while we waited for the flight. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was the Hilton by JFK. Obviously we got this as we had several hours before our evening flight home, others were taken directly to JFK for earlier flights.

Appreciate your reply with additional detail. Will be happy with those arrangements it does indeed sound civilised. Thank you.