Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

@BennyBrun - Why did you walk all the way to El Morro? That's a long hike, mostly uphill. San Cristobal is much closer to the port - and I actually like San Cristobal better. El Morro was used by the US Army from the Spanish-American war until around 1960. A lot of that nice green grass you saw as you walked up to the El Morro was used for important military purposes - a 9 hole par 3 golf course🤣 and other recreational facilities. The walk back to the ship is easier since it's downhill 😁

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the pics of San Juan including El Morro.  It's been a while since I walked up to the fort, but I always thought it was a great walk and I loved the walk along the water when you got there. I just may have to repeat this walk next time I stop in San Juan.  Hope you had a good day!  I'm sure that walk worked off some of those calories from all the goodies on board.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks for sharing it all with us stuck at home.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fontaid said:

@BennyBrun - Why did you walk all the way to El Morro? That's a long hike, mostly uphill. San Cristobal is much closer to the port - and I actually like San Cristobal better. El Morro was used by the US Army from the Spanish-American war until around 1960. A lot of that nice green grass you saw as you walked up to the El Morro was used for important military purposes - a 9 hole par 3 golf course🤣 and other recreational facilities. The walk back to the ship is easier since it's downhill 😁

Thank you so much!  I am just learning all sorts of information!  I appreciate that.  It might come up on Jeopardy some day!

I have been here before and being we got in so late I decided to take a long stroll so by the time I get back I can shower, see a show and then off to dinner and then another show!

I really did enjoy the walk… you will see.. the scenic trail from under the fort back to the gate was a beautiful walk!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

Thanks for all the pics of San Juan including El Morro.  It's been a while since I walked up to the fort, but I always thought it was a great walk and I loved the walk along the water when you got there. I just may have to repeat this walk next time I stop in San Juan.  Hope you had a good day!  I'm sure that walk worked off some of those calories from all the goodies on board.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks for sharing it all with us stuck at home.

I really enjoyed the walk!  Great mind thinks alike!  It was a fantastic day.  I love coming to San Juan.  Thank you for joining the virtual cruise!

• Like 1

@BennyBrungreat pictures of San Juan and fantastic weather. I was there beginning of February to board the NCL Epic for a B2B and there were torrential downpours for the days leading up to the cruise. Once on board you could hear everyone's phones pinging with severe weather alerts so we really did not get to see much. The following Sunday still raining so we stayed on the ship so that means I need to go back.

• Like 3