First Time on Regent—Boarded Explorer Today

6 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Hi minidonuts85 - which cruise are you doing in November 23? We are booked on a back to back from Tokyo to Hong Kong then Vietnam etc and back to Hong Kong.  We thought we would leave it until next year as the dreaded C is still causing significant issues on that side of the world.

Hi there, We are doing the Pristine Islands and Filipino Culture Nov 10-20, 2023. Is that a part of your B2B? 

• Like 1

Hi minidonuts85. Yes that is the second half of our back to back - the first is the Japan to HK leg we also have 3 nights in Tokyo to start and 3 in HK at the end. Haven't done an ocean cruise in what feels like forever. This will be our 2nd cruise with Regent (did the Baltic cruise on Voyager but I bet that's not the same at the moment 😞) watched the Explorer being built on a TV programme shown in the UK and a few other TV programmes which focussed on John Barron's role so felt we had to give her a go 😁

Mind you, just got back from 3 days in London and tested positive so hopefully that has given my 3 jabbed immune system a nice Omicron boost as we have a Rhine river cruise booked in May as that seemed safest - didn't want to cross the world only to be denied boarding because of you know what 😜

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, CDR Benson said:

Thank you, dear lady, for your extensive account of the experience you and your husband enjoyed with Regent Seven Seas.  I've just finished going through this thread, from stem to stern, and I feel uplifted about the cruise my wife and I are taking on Seven Seas Mariner in November of 2023.

The Good Mrs. Benson and I are relatively new to cruising.  (Well, O.K., as a retired Naval officer, I've done plenty of deployments.  But I'm talking about the kind where I get to relax by the pool, sipping drinks with little umbrellas sticking out of them, rather than spending all day on the bridge.)  Our first cruise was to Alaska in 2018, on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam.  Our 2020 cruise got sidetracked by the Plague, and now we're scheduled for a Canada/New England sailing this September, in the Haven on NCL's Norwegian Joy.

For our third cruise, the GMB and I decided, the destination wouldn't matter.  We intended to go as luxuriously as we could and enjoy the pampering and indulgence of the ship.  We expected to make that voyage in 2024.

But last month, while researching luxury cruise lines, I discovered Regent's two-category upgrade offer.  That was too good an opportunity to pass up.  I booked us for the November, '23 Caribbean cruise on Mariner.  Since then, I've immersed myself in everything I can find about life on board a Regent cruise.

Even though you were on a different Regent vessel, ma'am, your detailed and descriptive posts have painted a superb landscape of what the GMB and I can expect to enjoy in the autumn of next year.  While our NCL cruise is the one more swiftly approaching in our radar, I am more excited over our Regent voyage.

Thank you again, ma'am---and thanks, as well, to all of you Regent veterans who chimed in here with your own contributions.

My DH and I are also on the Mariner November 25 cruise Miami to Miami. This is most likely the same cruise you and GMB are taking. Please share some of your valuable research with us as this will be our first Regent cruise and I am here to learn all that I can to make our cruise the best ever. Shout out to GeorgiaPeach 51 Thank you for the amazing details and photos of your trip.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, corinna121 said:

My DH and I are also on the Mariner November 25 cruise Miami to Miami. This is most likely the same cruise you and GMB are taking. Please share some of your valuable research with us as this will be our first Regent cruise and I am here to learn all that I can to make our cruise the best ever. Shout out to GeorgiaPeach 51 Thank you for the amazing details and photos of your trip.

Aye, ma'am, we will be on the same cruise.  Virtually everything that I have gathered about this voyage, Regent Seven Seas, and Mariner has come from deep scrutiny of R.S.S.C.'s website, various Google searches, and this Regent board.

Just like the disclaimers in the financial ads aver ("Past results are no guarantee of future performance"), nothing I've read ensures that we have a good experience on our cruise.  But I think that, by the time we sail, most of the back-to-business pains I've read about in some posts will have been worked out.  So, I'm expecting an idyllic time of it.

As you probably noted from my post you quoted, the Good Mrs. Benson and I won't be hitting the port stops much.  (I sailed quite a bit in the Caribbean with the Navy, and the area has little allure remaining for me.)  We intend to wrap ourselves in the indulgences of the ship.

The veteran Regent cruisers have done a great job of conveying what we can expect on board.  As our sail date gets closer, I've thrown myself more into the posts here.  I think they will best inform us of what our experience will he like.

Here's wishing all of us a great time!

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 11:56 AM, CDR Benson said:

As you probably noted from my post you quoted, the Good Mrs. Benson and I won't be hitting the port stops much.  (I sailed quite a bit in the Caribbean with the Navy, and the area has little allure remaining for me.)  We intend to wrap ourselves in the indulgences of the ship.

A Fourth Fleet man?  I lived in the Caribbean for 20yrs, so we may have bumped into each other ashore (or on one of the three dozen ships I had the honor of touring). 😉