Norwegian Joy - What is an enclosed balcony mean?

OttawaJohn

14 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I will have my face, ears, neck slathered in sun screen

You sound like my wife.  Multiple surgeries to remove small skin cancers, and hardly turns on a light before applying sunscreen! 

14 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

in case I go into the water

But my wife will rarely go in the water.  There can be scary things down there.

22 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I have one of those booked on the Pearl, aft.  Looking forward to a different type of balcony.  The cruise is a Western ( or is it Eastern?) Caribbean.  I chose this type of balcony because I am prone to skin cancers, and I thought this would be the best way to have a balcony, and not be too worried about staying out of the sun.  When on land, I will have my face, ears, neck slathered in sun screen ( bio-degradable, in case I go into the water), and a hat.  I already have the long sleeve swim shirt.

Please make sure your sun screen is reef safe, not just biodegradable.  Have to protect the corals.  BTW that advice applies to everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

You sound like my wife.  Multiple surgeries to remove small skin cancers, and hardly turns on a light before applying sunscreen! 

But my wife will rarely go in the water.  There can be scary things down there.

Im not fond of swimming the ocean.  Been snorkeling once in Roatan, that seemed like enough for me.  I have a place on Puget Sound, went  kayaking once , again, enough for me.  But I do love to be around water, just not in it .  

1 hour ago, Swells1 said:

Can I piggyback this thread to ask if anyone has any pics from the enclosed balconies on the Jade? I'm thinking I'm still far out enough to change cabins if necessary? (Cabin 9006 if it matters.)

Stock photo shows forward enclosed balconies should be similar to the pic I posted from the Star.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swells1 said:

Can I piggyback this thread to ask if anyone has any pics from the enclosed balconies on the Jade? I'm thinking I'm still far out enough to change cabins if necessary? (Cabin 9006 if it matters.)

There is YT of 9506.

• Like 1