Just back from the Vista - not the best cruise

adonisr

On 3/7/2022 at 7:42 PM, ddled said:

2 years ago they announced that on all ships from Galveston there would be a country band and the one was great then. None on board, has been one, wonder if Covid got them?  Before you flame me for wanting country music I've heard it all before and it packed the lounge on Vista 2 years ago.

The solo guitar singer sang a lot of country for us. She did everything from Loretta to Miranda and even a little Garth. She did say she was looking forward to either this week or next a duo was supposed to be joining. Maybe they will be a country duo? She was excited because she said singing 5-6 hours a day, 6 days a week is tough on a solo. We did notice the music playing quietly in the hallways was often country so hopefully Carnival still recognizes there is a desire for some country music on their Galveston ships.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, adonisr said:

Just returned home from a Western Caribbean trip on the Vista.  Our last Carnival cruise was 5 years ago.  We've sailed twice on Celebrity and once on Princess since that last CCL cruise.  From our perspective, Carnival has taken a step down on quality since our last cruise with them.  As I get my notes / thoughts organized I'll add more details.

I found this cruise at a really good deal, so that helps offset the disappointment.  I'd have to find an equally good deal in order to consider CCL again.

WDE!!!!

• Like 1