best excursion for Adrenaline and beach junkies in Puerto Vallarta & Mazatlan?

amy2313

What are your recommendations for an excursion in Puerto Vallarta for a couple adrenaline and beach junkies in Puerto Vallarta?  We are there in March from 9am - 9pm.

We are also looking for the same suggestions for Mazatlan.

Thanks for your suggestions.

17 hours ago, amy2313 said:

We are also looking for the same suggestions for Mazatlan.

do a beach day @ Stone Island, Mazatlan and there will be more adrenaline options in Puerto Vallarta.

So my very first time in PV my hubby booked us on the EXTREME ziplining excursion....it wasn't tree to tree it was mountain to mountain up in the Sierra Madre mountains....you even had to get out of the vehicle at one point and get on a donkey because the incline was so extreme a vehicle couldn't take it....along with the ziplining it included repelling down a waterfall too.  It was also beautiful and memorable...I highly recommend for any adrenaline junkie.  

On 3/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, Ine said:

I forgot about Canopy River in Vallarta. Lots of activities. https://canopyriver.com/en/

Have you used Canopy River?  are they reputable?  The cruise line's excursions seem very limited right now and i don't mind booking privately but I want to be sure they are safe and will have us back on time.

1 hour ago, amy2313 said:

Have you used Canopy River?  are they reputable?  The cruise line's excursions seem very limited right now and i don't mind booking privately but I want to be sure they are safe and will have us back on time.

Canopy river is a very reliable company. Also known for their support to local communities. Yes you will be safe. Of course check with them about the pickup time and place, the same for the return. They have an office near the hotelzone at Villas Vallarta by Canto Del Sol Hotel which is a short cab ride from the cruise terminal. That Jorullo brdige is amazing! 

On 3/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, Ine said:

I forgot about Canopy River in Vallarta. Lots of activities. https://canopyriver.com/en/

1 hour ago, Ine said:

Canopy river is a very reliable company. Also known for their support to local communities. Yes you will be safe. Of course check with them about the pickup time and place, the same for the return. They have an office near the hotelzone at Villas Vallarta by Canto Del Sol Hotel which is a short cab ride from the cruise terminal. That Jorullo brdige is amazing! 

First THANK YOU so much for everyone's ideas and the recommendation for Canopy River.  This is exactly the type of tours we were hoping to do.

what i am concerned about is that we dock in PV at 9am ship time and the morning tours leave at 9a,m, 10am , and 11am local time with pick ups all 90 minutes before the start of the tour.  From what I have learned, ship time is 1 hour behind PV time which means that even if we did the 11am tour the pick up is 9:30 (local time) which is 8:30 ship time and we would not have arrived yet.  I have left Canopy River an email in the hopes of talking with them tomorrow to figure out possible alternate transportation options. 

Any chance you remember if the tour starting location is really 90 minutes away??

Shiptime and local time often is a problem and very confusing for touroperators and passengers. I donot know about pickup time since we have our own car. 

Hopefully Canopy river can tell you more how to arrange either a pickup . Again if the pickup is on their office near hotelzone, it is a short drive of about 10/15 minutes away from the terminal. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, amy2313 said:

First THANK YOU so much for everyone's ideas and the recommendation for Canopy River.  This is exactly the type of tours we were hoping to do.

what i am concerned about is that we dock in PV at 9am ship time and the morning tours leave at 9a,m, 10am , and 11am local time with pick ups all 90 minutes before the start of the tour.  From what I have learned, ship time is 1 hour behind PV time which means that even if we did the 11am tour the pick up is 9:30 (local time) which is 8:30 ship time and we would not have arrived yet.  I have left Canopy River an email in the hopes of talking with them tomorrow to figure out possible alternate transportation options. 

Any chance you remember if the tour starting location is really 90 minutes away??

Amy, were you able to figure this out?  Same 9-9 situation and the cruise ship excursions are sold out for this activity.  Hoping you may have come up with a solution. Thank you in advance for your response.  

On 3/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, famof4togo said:

So my very first time in PV my hubby booked us on the EXTREME ziplining excursion....it wasn't tree to tree it was mountain to mountain up in the Sierra Madre mountains....you even had to get out of the vehicle at one point and get on a donkey because the incline was so extreme a vehicle couldn't take it....along with the ziplining it included repelling down a waterfall too.  It was also beautiful and memorable...I highly recommend for any adrenaline junkie.  

My DH booked this shorex, and he’s asked me to ask this for him:

The description says no cameras allowed. He’s wondering if he can bring his cell phone and have it with him, and if so, could he use it for pictures when he’s NOT on the zip line? If no, if there a place it could safely be stored?

3 hours ago, famof4togo said:

They do not allow you to take photos but they do take photos of you to sell you afterwards.  You are not allowed to bring your phones with you on the ziplines.

DH has one more question: was there a place for him to leave his phone ( like in the bus) while he zip lines?

Yes I was trying to remember properly....to the best of my recollection there were lockers, but if not they DEF had a place to leave your items because I know we brought a backpack that we didn't have on the excursion.  You get a quick lesson before you head off and that is the same place you come back to, to look at pics etc...so it shouldn't be an issue.

• Thanks 1

Skydiving? Is that extreme enough? We were in PV 3/31/22 and did tandem skydives at SkydiveVallarta. I highly recommend it and would be hard pressed to come up with a better idea for a thrillseeker than jumping out of a plane at 10,000 feet over the ship and landing on the beach.  Their office is a 15 minute walk from the ship where you meet up and sign the waivers😉. Then you take a short ride to the nearby Int'l airport and up you go. They deploy the 'chute at about 5,000 feet which equates to about a 40 second free-fall (but honeslty, time perception when falling is a blur so I could be wrong). Then under canopy, you have the most relaxed and specatacular views of PV you will ever see. The approach to landing passes by some high rise condos where you then land softly on the beach. Then a short walk back to their office where you started. Then enjoy an ice cold beer and bask in the glory of what you just accomplished... 

I have done several jumps over my lifetime in the US. The facilities, equpment, aircraft, and particularly the staff were top notch and would not hesitate to go again or recommend them to others.

We made reservations for 9AM, which gives you plenty of time to get off the ship and make the short walk. Mornings are best as the Int'l airport traffic gets busy in the afternoon and it is harder for them to get a 'slot' between all the arriving and departing airliners.

Just do it. And.... do not even think twice about the full photo/video package. You WILL regret not getting it, trust me. It has allowed us to relive the experience over and over.

The attached pic is what you will see on the way down. Do a google search for more pics, info and reviews.

G0041295.JPG