Windy conditions

Geraldandsue

We are traveling tomorrow on the  Rivera . Forecast seems to have 15-20 mile hour winds.in the Caribbean  Has anyone been on a ship this size with these winds.  can you give some feedback on ship movement. Can you give some tips on what works best for for seasick. I have only travelled on mega ships and I’m concerned. 

take some sea sick meds with you if worried

Green apple or ginger can help some people  ask the waitstaff for some if you do not want to medicate

As Orv said  don't worry

The ship will be fine  ..we survived very bad weather with high winds 50 mph & high waves on a transatlantic

It was bumpy  but 15-20 you probably will not notice it

• Thanks 1

On the Riviera now…..have had winds similar for a lot of the days at sea…only problem was that our suite faces forward and we could not use the balcony or the jacuzzi that is there.

I think that you will be fine!

envious as we get off the ship tomorrow and your amazing voyage is yet to come!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geraldandsue said:

We are traveling tomorrow on the  Rivera . Forecast seems to have 15-20 mile hour winds.in the Caribbean  Has anyone been on a ship this size with these winds.  can you give some feedback on ship movement. Can you give some tips on what works best for for seasick. I have only travelled on mega ships and I’m concerned. 

Those are normal winds   you can add another 20 to them depending on the direction of  the ship  so 35-40   can be expected.   Rivera is  just fine  and a large ship.    Being outside facing forward and having a positive mind set   Seriously, the ship is in the ocean and it moves in all directions... no ship  no matter how large is immune

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Geraldandsue said:

We are traveling with you …. later today 😁 Depending on the direction of the wind in relation to the ship, you may feel a little more movement than usual in the Caribbean. It’s not going to be much movement so take it from someone who can get herself more upset than need be, worst case scenario is that this will be minor situation.

I like natural remedies and find ginger to be very helpful. If you run more mainstream, get some motion sickness meds like bonine. Either way, start taking them before boarding as they work better in a preventative manner. 

Fresh air is your best friend and look to the distance at the horizon. 

• Like 3