Online Checkin

ToxM

Just completed online check in for Sirena on March 29. 

Got my boarding pass emailed through ready to be printed out along with the forest full of other things I have to print out..

There’s no luggage tags included, do they turn up in a separate email or am I waiting on and hoping for the blue book to turn up? 

We are on the Marina, March 18. Same thing happened with our check-in…no luggage tags. A couple of weeks later, we received a package from Oceania with a couple of large booklets (neither is really blue) and our luggage tags.

In fact, we received two such packages. Both were addressed to us with both our names on the front, but one contained four luggage tags with my wife’s name and the other four luggage tags with my name. 

I have no idea what the standard procedure is, though. This is our first time on Oceania. Others on our Roll Call report not having received the package. 

1 minute ago, ExArkie said:

We are on the Marina, March 18. Same thing happened with our check-in…no luggage tags. A couple of weeks later, we received a package from Oceania with a couple of large booklets (neither is really blue) and our luggage tags.

In fact, we received two such packages. Both were addressed to us with both our names on the front, but one contained four luggage tags with my wife’s name and the other four luggage tags with my name. 

I have no idea what the standard procedure is, though. This is our first time on Oceania. Others on our Roll Call report not having received the package. 

Thanks for this, it would have been easy for them to just add the tags to the check in pdf … very odd. 

The luggage tags that are sent to you via snail mail are made of a thin plastic material and are much more durable than paper you would print out at home. While the “blue book” is nice marketing material with specific information about your cruise, the Luggage tags are just about the only thing you’re going to use, and of course the porters at the dock will have blanks for you to use if needed.

they are mailed out from a bulk packaging thingy, and people report them arriving from a week to 10 days before they depart, to arriving a few days after they’ve left when departing days early to arrive pre-cruise.

Those who have missed receiving their blue books before their departure mostly miss having the luggage tags.

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

The luggage tags that are sent to you via snail mail are made of a thin plastic material and are much more durable than paper you would print out at home. While the “blue book” is nice marketing material with specific information about your cruise, the Luggage tags are just about the only thing you’re going to use, and of course the porters at the dock will have blanks for you to use if needed.

they are mailed out from a bulk packaging thingy, and people report them arriving from a week to 10 days before they depart, to arriving a few days after they’ve left when departing days early to arrive pre-cruise.

Those who have missed receiving their blue books before their departure mostly miss having the luggage tags.

We depart the UK on the 20th - 9 days before we embark, hope our tags get to us in time then… I know they will have some at the dockside for this reason, but an extra page of PDF would have been useful. 

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Historically, what you should get is:

Oceania invoice from Oceania (or via your TA from Oceania) along with multiple docs like excursions, guest info, etc. (TA may add their own invoice) when you deposit and again when you make final payment.

About 2-3 weeks prior to embark, the Blue Book (it is dark blue) arrives (lately it’s been under two weeks prior) and it has the pre-printed luggage tags. About 2 weeks+\- you get an O email (direct or via TA) with a cruise summary that confirms everything (including specialty reservations, tours purchased, etc) and other info docs.

Added to all this (in the Covid era) are separate “boarding passes” you receive once you   “check in” with O online within a month prior to embark.

Check in opens 21 days prior to departure - as mine did today. 

We’ll see what happens, I seem to remember the blue book arriving much earlier than a month previously, I suppose everything is new now. 

I am just impatient, so ready for this. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Historically, what you should get is:

Oceania invoice from Oceania (or via your TA from Oceania) along with multiple docs like excursions, guest info, etc. (TA may add their own invoice) when you deposit and again when you make final payment.

About 2-3 weeks prior to embark, the Blue Book (it is dark blue) arrives (lately it’s been under two weeks prior) and it has the pre-printed luggage tags. About 2 weeks+\- you get an O email (direct or via TA) with a cruise summary that confirms everything (including specialty reservations, tours purchased, etc) and other info docs.

Added to all this (in the Covid era) are separate “boarding passes” you receive once you   “check in” with O online within a month prior to embark.

Got the book in the mail with luggage tags, but what I got was most assuredly not blue, other than the color of the water and sky in the picture (see example below, with our names blocked because I'm paranoid). This one and the other booklet, mostly advertising literature for Oceania with a different photo, came in a folder that was white.

Voyage booklet 2.jpg

Edited by ExArkie