Packing Cubes or Vacuum Bags ?

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Different strokes.  I just take out the cube - no having to take the clothes out.

I have had 2 evacuation events (not on cruises) where I learned not to unpack unless I really needed to - it made grabbing my bag and getting out MUCH faster.  (1 tsunami and 1 fire alarm).  Yes, I know - don't take your stuff, but since it was packed, it was good to go.  

Just so you know - you shouldn't be taking your bags with you in either circumstance.  I will  grab my passport and money/wallet , and put a pair of shoes on if I'm barefoot - but you shouldn't be spending time grabbing bags and you shouldn't be impeding others in the evacuation trying to take a bag. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lissie said:

Just so you know - you shouldn't be taking your bags with you in either circumstance.  I will  grab my passport and money/wallet , and put a pair of shoes on if I'm barefoot - but you shouldn't be spending time grabbing bags and you shouldn't be impeding others in the evacuation trying to take a bag. 

Apparently you didn't read - I said "yes, I know".  I wasn't in a cruise ship with 5,000 other people.   One was a condo with 4 friends (the tsunami) the other was a 1-floor motel...

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Apparently you didn't read - I said "yes, I know".  I wasn't in a cruise ship with 5,000 other people.   One was a condo with 4 friends (the tsunami) the other was a 1-floor motel...

Its not about the delay even - your stuff is a hinderance however you've packed it 

Edited by lissie

33 minutes ago, lissie said:

Its not about the delay even - your stuff is a hinderance however you've packed it 

🙄  There was no delay and no hinderance.   Maybe if I had a large check-in type bag and a carryon, but I don't go that way.