Are Local Lobsters Served On Board In Nova Scotia Ports?

R & R Carroll

Our cruise 5 or so years ago which included some Nova Scotia ports as well as Bar Harbor, Maine, had a lobster extravaganza one night, but it was in Bar Harbor, not Nova Scotia. I don't recall there being local lobsters brought aboard in Nova Scotia.

8 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

It depends on the Chef and if he goes shopping each time can be different..I suggest you have them for lunch on shore..

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan! Hope you are doing well. Shari is taking good care of us. We are on Oceania Insignia NYC to Montreal in September on the Jacques Pepin Luminary Cruise--so I am sure the food will be fabulous. 

11 minutes ago, avalong said:

Our cruise 5 or so years ago which included some Nova Scotia ports as well as Bar Harbor, Maine, had a lobster extravaganza one night, but it was in Bar Harbor, not Nova Scotia. I don't recall there being local lobsters brought aboard in Nova Scotia.

Thank you avalong!

On a cruise with O we did indeed get fresh lobsters in Bar Harbour (about 7 yrs ago), hopefully you will dock there as well.

All of the guests who had the lobster ashore were amazed and said they wished they had waited.

This was late May and it does have to be lobster season. 

I thought that was you RR..Glad to hear all is well..Stu and I love that trip and have done it a couple of times..I will check and see what you are doing next and see if we can join you..

Loving retirement and finally going on a cruise April 24 LAX to SFO and back then stay on and do LAX to Mexico and back..

Stay well..

Regards,

Jan

worthy of note is that the Lobster fishing had been poor in the last year and prices have soared   so consider that.    Used  to be you could get 2 lobsters corn, a tater and roll  for $24.      Checked last week at is was 1 lobster      So the economics of to day 2022  might need to be considered   Purchase  by the ship might be  much more limited....  By the way....   Best prices and meals in Maine are Portland ME ( the porthole  )  And Bar Harbor area  Ruth and Wimpies)        

france maine, ak 2017 718.JPG

15 hours ago, cswhistler said:

On a cruise with O we did indeed get fresh lobsters in Bar Harbour (about 7 yrs ago), hopefully you will dock there as well.

All of the guests who had the lobster ashore were amazed and said they wished they had waited.

This was late May and it does have to be lobster season. 

Thank you cswhistler. We are not going to Bar Harbour but I know from experience how good ME lobsters are!

11 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I thought that was you RR..Glad to hear all is well..Stu and I love that trip and have done it a couple of times..I will check and see what you are doing next and see if we can join you..

Loving retirement and finally going on a cruise April 24 LAX to SFO and back then stay on and do LAX to Mexico and back..

Stay well..

Regards,

Jan

Jan, we would love to have you join us on a cruise. After this one, our next is April 2023 aboard Vista, the Canary Islands Explorer-Barcelona-Lisbon. Very happy you are enjoying retirement. I also recently retired and am loving it--no idea how I ever found time to work... Enjoy your April cruise---it will be so amazingly wonderful to be back cruising again! Roseann

38 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

worthy of note is that the Lobster fishing had been poor in the last year and prices have soared   so consider that.    Used  to be you could get 2 lobsters corn, a tater and roll  for $24.      Checked last week at is was 1 lobster      So the economics of to day 2022  might need to be considered   Purchase  by the ship might be  much more limited....  By the way....   Best prices and meals in Maine are Portland ME ( the porthole  )  And Bar Harbor area  Ruth and Wimpies)        

france maine, ak 2017 718.JPG

Thank you Hawaiidan for the recommendations. This cruise is not stopping in ME, but we are from Cape Cod and frequently go to ME. While our lobsters here on the Cape are good, they are much better in ME and we are looking forward to trying them further north. I agree about the price of lobster (and everything else) we have not purchased any since early September.  

• Thanks 1