CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM FEBRUARY 21- MARCH 3, 2022 VIDEO REVIEW

SonuvaBeach

On 3/12/2022 at 6:19 AM, SonuvaBeach said:

DAY 3...PUERTO PLATA, DOMINCAN REPUBLIC....we walked to town and then explored the fort. Taino Bay is okay, very "touristy," similar to  Grand Turk  and Amber Cove, just newer. The beaches are far away and taxis are expensive and the drivers are aggressive to the point of being rude

We will be in Puerto Plata next week on the Summit! Where is the spot with all the hanging umbrellas? So pretty! We were thinking of just walking down to the fort as well. The view from there looks lovely. How was the walk? And is there any fee to get into the fort?

2 hours ago, mrb5000 said:

We will be in Puerto Plata next week on the Summit! Where is the spot with all the hanging umbrellas? So pretty! We were thinking of just walking down to the fort as well. The view from there looks lovely. How was the walk? And is there any fee to get into the fort?

The Umbrella Street is right downtown..maybe a 10 minute walk. I have to emphasize that the "tour guides" ( not really guides at all) are very aggressive...We finally had to tell the one who followed us (without invitation)  to F off before he would leave us alone. The Fort is an easy walk as well...you will see it as the ship pulls into port. On this cruise, my wife had a hair line fracture in her femur, and she made the walk with a minimum of discomfort, so it is not too too bad. There is a fee for the fort, but it is so little, that I do not recall  what it was!

7 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

The Umbrella Street is right downtown..maybe a 10 minute walk. I have to emphasize that the "tour guides" ( not really guides at all) are very aggressive...We finally had to tell the one who followed us (without invitation)  to F off before he would leave us alone. The Fort is an easy walk as well...you will see it as the ship pulls into port. On this cruise, my wife had a hair line fracture in her femur, and she made the walk with a minimum of discomfort, so it is not too too bad. There is a fee for the fort, but it is so little, that I do not recall  what it was!

Very helpful, thank you!

2 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

You are very welcome. What are your other  ports? 

It's just a 5 night, so our only other stop is Nassau....not even planning on getting off the ship there, haha. We'll enjoy a quiet day onboard. 

1 hour ago, mrb5000 said:

It's just a 5 night, so our only other stop is Nassau....not even planning on getting off the ship there, haha. We'll enjoy a quiet day onboard. 

I'm with you..I have hated Nassau for a couple decades now...

Thanks for the slideshows & videos.  Loved the playlist.  Your evening attire was perfect IMHO.  Mostly long sleeved for cool indoor spaces and dressy enough that any of them would have passed for chic night.

Also loved your pool noodle idea.  You must have deflated and reinflated it for each beach day?  Think I will get one.  Amazon?  Did you just blow it up (without a pump)?  

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Fantastic Videos, what a great job!  One question--- from what modeling agency did you find that beautiful model in your videos!   What a smile!

I know..she is lovely...I think she is even prettier than when i first met her...and that was 41 years ago!!

1 hour ago, iluvthe-c said:

Thanks for the slideshows & videos.  Loved the playlist.  Your evening attire was perfect IMHO.  Mostly long sleeved for cool indoor spaces and dressy enough that any of them would have passed for chic night.

Also loved your pool noodle idea.  You must have deflated and reinflated it for each beach day?  Think I will get one.  Amazon?  Did you just blow it up (without a pump)?  

Yes...Amazon. It is very easy to inflate. I inflate it orally and it takes just a few seconds. In St Kitts, people who were sitting near us on the beach liked it so much the woman ordered one from Amazon right then with her phone.

Edited by SonuvaBeach

1 hour ago, Provence55always said:

I agree!! Loved every dress she wore she looked so beautiful…. I loved her style, maybe she would share where she purchased all those beautiful dresses😉

I'll ask her...it may take a while, though, for her to respond. Her now hugely inflated ego will need to deflate enough to tell me! Kidding!! Trust me...she is really a little on the shy side, and she  will very much appreciate  your kind words. She spends hours planning her "cruise wardrobe"  and will be glad that someone noticed!!

Edited by SonuvaBeach
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Since you recently got off the Millennium can you tell me if the showers in the cabin bathrooms have glass doors? Thanks. 

They do have glass doors - if you go to youtube you can do a search on the cabins and see different 'tours' as well!

Thanks so much for posting all those videos. What a great way to share your adventure, as well as for you to remember it as the years go by.

Since we are new to Celebrity and hope to sail on the Millineum in September, your photos are very helpful. I was wondering if there are ping pong tables on the ship? My husband loves to play table tennis; that's his go-to past time, particularly on sea days. I think there might be a table in the kids area, but are there ones available for adults to also use? Thanks for your help.

7 minutes ago, Canadaclyde said:

Thanks so much for posting all those videos. What a great way to share your adventure, as well as for you to remember it as the years go by.

Since we are new to Celebrity and hope to sail on the Millineum in September, your photos are very helpful. I was wondering if there are ping pong tables on the ship? My husband loves to play table tennis; that's his go-to past time, particularly on sea days. I think there might be a table in the kids area, but are there ones available for adults to also use? Thanks for your help.

Hi..i am glad my videos were helpful! Yes..there is a ping pong table on the Lido deck , just past the pool area, mid ships, port side...anyone can use it at any time.

Edited by SonuvaBeach

3 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Hi..i am glad my videos were helpful! Yes..there is a ping pong table on the Lido deck , just past the pool area, mid ships, port side...anyone can use it at any time.

Thanks for answering! That is good news. My husband is relieved  now he knows he can pursue his favorite past time while on the cruise.

11 hours ago, Canadaclyde said:

Thanks for answering! That is good news. My husband is relieved  now he knows he can pursue his favorite past time while on the cruise.

Glad to help! Ask me anything else, and I will try to answer!

4 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Glad to help! Ask me anything else, and I will try to answer!

I will try not to take too much advantage of your kind offer to answer anything .... but I do have some questions. I'll try to be gentle! The upgraded drink package is included in our cruise. Can we get free drinks everywhere? i.e., bars, all restaurants, in theatre, in room, spa. The covid refund and cancellation policy is effective 25 Feb 2022 to 30 April 2022. Has this policy been in existance for a while, with Celebrity just updating the time periods? In it's current wording, it won't be effective in September, but I wonder if Celebrity has had a history of extending it as time goes on. We have previously sailed with Princess and Holland America. Can you offer any opinions on comparisons? If not, could you tell me what was your favourite thing about your Millennium cruise, and what were you least impressed with. Well, I could go on and on, but I better stop! Thanks for taking the time to help me out. 

3 hours ago, Canadaclyde said:

I will try not to take too much advantage of your kind offer to answer anything .... but I do have some questions. I'll try to be gentle! The upgraded drink package is included in our cruise. Can we get free drinks everywhere? i.e., bars, all restaurants, in theatre, in room, spa. The covid refund and cancellation policy is effective 25 Feb 2022 to 30 April 2022. Has this policy been in existance for a while, with Celebrity just updating the time periods? In it's current wording, it won't be effective in September, but I wonder if Celebrity has had a history of extending it as time goes on. We have previously sailed with Princess and Holland America. Can you offer any opinions on comparisons? If not, could you tell me what was your favourite thing about your Millennium cruise, and what were you least impressed with. Well, I could go on and on, but I better stop! Thanks for taking the time to help me out. 

Okay...in order...

Drinks on the package are available everywhere except in your stateroom or through room service...also, specialty coffees at Cafe Al Bacio are included.

The refund policy changed, and then changed again, and WILL change again...I know..not much help!

We have sailed on Princess and on Holland America many times. We will be on the Noordam for 34 days in October. I think the three lines are very similar... the demographics are slightly different, with HAL having a somewhat older crowd than Princess or Celebrity. Food, however, which is quite subjective, is a bit better on Celebrity. The specialty restaurants on all three are all very good, but I think Sabatini's on Princess is the best of all of them.

That being said, our favorite thing on the MILLIE was the Tuscan Grill...we have been underwhelmed by the Tuscan Grill on other ships, but on the MILLIE it was spectacular. We went twice. We also liked our OceanView Stateroom...3134.  We have booked this room before, and will again. It is much less expensive than a veranda.  We spend so little time IN our room, that a veranda does not seem worth the expense sometimes. For a 10 day cruise, it was more than fine! Plus, it has a HUGE window!!

The thing that we really hated?? They did away with the ELITE HAPPY HOUR in the SKY LOUNGE with drinks and hors d' oeuvres!! We have always liked that..

Other than that, we had NOTHING to complain about at ALL! 

I hope this helps!

Edited by SonuvaBeach
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Okay...in order...

Thanks so much. That was all very helpful. Good to know that I can't just open a can of water in the cabin without being charged. We have chosen an even less expensive stateroom -- an inside one on 3 mid deck. The stateroom you were in sounds great to me. Will definitely consider that area for future cruises. Since my husband always keeps the curtains closed when we've had oceanviews or verandas, we decided to go back to inside cabins and then have more money for more cruises. We will be fairly near stairs/elevator so will have easy access to get out and about and see what the real world looks like! 

26 minutes ago, Canadaclyde said:

Thanks so much. That was all very helpful. Good to know that I can't just open a can of water in the cabin without being charged. We have chosen an even less expensive stateroom -- an inside one on 3 mid deck. The stateroom you were in sounds great to me. Will definitely consider that area for future cruises. Since my husband always keeps the curtains closed when we've had oceanviews or verandas, we decided to go back to inside cabins and then have more money for more cruises. We will be fairly near stairs/elevator so will have easy access to get out and about and see what the real world looks like! 

If it is convenient, try to use the AFT elevators on deck 3. Even before COVID, no one ever used them, and we almost never had to wait!

1 hour ago, SonuvaBeach said:

If it is convenient, try to use the AFT elevators on deck 3. Even before COVID, no one ever used them, and we almost never had to wait!

Great tip. It'll mean walking a bit farther because we will be closer to the midship elevator; but I will benefit from even that little bit of extra exercise.