Freedom to Spirit cabin change - when will we hear?

Cinnamon2

4 hours ago, Cinnamon2 said:

Just got my cabin assignment on Spirit for Dec. 3, 2022 and am not happy with what I consider a downgrade.  I had specifically booked a balcony on the Empress deck of the Freedom so my cabin would be quiet and between decks of cabins only.  Now I am below the Lido deck.  Also, they didn't give me an ambulatory handicap room which I had on the Freedom.  I know there are more of those rooms available on the Spirit than on the Freedom so they messed up.  Also, we are booked and linked with a total of 7 cabins and we seem to be shotgunned around the ship.  Oh well, phone calls will need to be made . . . 

They separated all of us as well. 3 rooms in a row and now we are on 3 different floors. Shotgunned around the ship is a great phrase. 

4 hours ago, libbyonthelabel said:

I am furious with my assignment for our August 2023 Cruise. We had three rooms, all connected and the center was an aft wrap around. (aft balcony next door and balcony on the other side)(7447, 7445 and 7439) We now have three separate cabins on three different floors. All over the place, no wrap around. (5250, 6163 and 7349) This will not work for my 83 year old mom at all. So disappointed. 

Did you book with a PVP or TA?  

August 2023 is far enough out that they may (should) be able to make it right, especially a TA or PVP.  

I am very happy with my cabin assignment. I has a 6c oceanview booked on the freedom and received a 7 A obstructed balcony on the spirit. I had booked the coeanvirw for the light  and now I will have light and a balcony

I have never booked a oceanview before this cruise. I have never dreamed of having a balcony.

I am not happy at all. We had a aft wrap booked and the extra long side balcony next to it. Now we have a side ocean suite and a side balcony 4 cabins down. When I called they said if I cancel I lose my deposit.

I could pay more for a Vista Suite in order to get the wrap back but I can't get the other cabin back next to us.

Not sure what we are going to do. I don't want to sail with our current assignments at the price we are paying.

7 hours ago, Indytraveler83 said:

Did you book with a PVP or TA?  

August 2023 is far enough out that they may (should) be able to make it right, especially a TA or PVP.  

This time I booked with a PVP. I thought that and will try to call again to get through but I would imagine everyone's cabin assignments went out yesterday as well on this cruise so I am not sure what they will do. 

2 hours ago, xkritter said:

I am not happy at all. We had a aft wrap booked and the extra long side balcony next to it. Now we have a side ocean suite and a side balcony 4 cabins down. When I called they said if I cancel I lose my deposit.

I could pay more for a Vista Suite in order to get the wrap back but I can't get the other cabin back next to us.

Not sure what we are going to do. I don't want to sail with our current assignments at the price we are paying.

I am in your same exact situation. I will fight to get my deposit back. I don't want to sail at these prices either. When people were booked in an interior and are getting the same rooms we are at a fraction of the cost. I appreciate people posting their situations so I have this information to show how unfair it is. 

we are happy, went from a balcony on the Lido deck to extended balcony on Veranda so down a few decks and not near the pool but we didn't really want the lido deck anyway, that was what was available when we booked

I was happy with my total price when it meant an aft wrap connecting to a long side balcony. It meant the 4 of us would have great views. But two unconnected side balconies is not what I paid for. Carnival knows people book early in order to book aft wraps. This could have been handled much better.

A simple phone call to ask if I'd pay a bit more to move to the Visra Suite with connected aft would have been a better choice.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I went from a 4J (Front with window) to a 4K (French doors with lifeboats outside).  Not sure how I feel.

Great choice. We have sailed in those Cabins many times. No problem and don't worry about the view because it is an inside with a door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

Great choice. We have sailed in those Cabins many times. No problem and don't worry about the view because it is an inside with a door. 

Do the lifeboats move or make noise?  From the photos I can find, it looks like they are intimating.  

11 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Do the lifeboats move or make noise?  From the photos I can find, it looks like they are intimating.  

We have had obstructed views twice.  Both times crew members did maintenance on the lifeboats at some point during the cruise.  It was never long or noisy but I was very cautious about keeping my drape closed at certain times.  It's possible you could get one of the boats used for tendering.  Then you will have to contend with the boat being raised on lowered on certain port days.

• Like 1

We were switched from the Freedom to the Spirit for our Sept. 20, 2022 cruise and told we would get our cabin assignment by March 1st.  Ours is still showing TBA.  Don't know if that is because we booked an inside cabin, haven't made our final payment yet or because we only have two previous Carnival cruises.  We did however book directly with Carnival and not a TA if that will help. I'm guessing we will get whatever is left over even thought we originally chose a very nice, quiet location.

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

FYI, those cabins no longer have doors.  It’s a floor to ceiling window.  They used to be able to open to get fresh air, but no more.

I spent 6 hours and 40 minutes on the phone with carnival today, most of it on hold. I was attempting to change 3 cabins into two Vista Suites, almost the same price. If we couldn't have an aft wrap around like we originally booked it would've been a huge disappointment/problem. Then I had to get transferred to the resolutions department, I waited for her for over 3 hours. Then she said she wasn't actually authorized to make that change and told me I would have to be transferred to executive resolutions and that would be at the minimum another hour. But then at the last minute she asked me to hold for 10-15 minutes, ended talking to her boss and got it approved. It was a long experience and at some points my frustration showed (never disrespectful) and the two people I dealt with were always so nice and understanding. That helped. 

The only thing I did that actually saved my experience was while I was waiting for the resolutions person, I put a hold on the two Vista Suites (which were available) with a hold booking. The rest of the VS's disappeared while I waited. So I am so happy I did that. 

Glad this is over, not happy how it transpired but I think the carnival reps did a great job with the frustration they had repeatedly been getting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

FYI, those cabins no longer have doors.  It’s a floor to ceiling window.  They used to be able to open to get fresh air, but no more.

That's fine. I will still choose those cabins because you get an inside rate with a large view. We have actually had those cabins with a descent view between the lifeboats. 

1 hour ago, libbyonthelabel said:

I spent 6 hours and 40 minutes on the phone with carnival today, most of it on hold. I was attempting to change 3 cabins into two Vista Suites, almost the same price. If we couldn't have an aft wrap around like we originally booked it would've been a huge disappointment/problem. Then I had to get transferred to the resolutions department, I waited for her for over 3 hours. Then she said she wasn't actually authorized to make that change and told me I would have to be transferred to executive resolutions and that would be at the minimum another hour. But then at the last minute she asked me to hold for 10-15 minutes, ended talking to her boss and got it approved. It was a long experience and at some points my frustration showed (never disrespectful) and the two people I dealt with were always so nice and understanding. That helped. 

The only thing I did that actually saved my experience was while I was waiting for the resolutions person, I put a hold on the two Vista Suites (which were available) with a hold booking. The rest of the VS's disappeared while I waited. So I am so happy I did that. 

Glad this is over, not happy how it transpired but I think the carnival reps did a great job with the frustration they had repeatedly been getting. 

Well, your patience and persistence certainly paid off, and I’m very happy things turned out this way.  I have had some long wait times, but nothing like 6 hours and 40 minutes.  I’m so glad this worked out for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, libbyonthelabel said:

Glad to hear that you got it fixed!  Sorry it took so terribly long!  Let's just hope everything is set now and that there aren't anymore changes!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, libbyonthelabel said:

Glad you got it worked out. I spent alot of time today shopping around and decided to move our group to a Royal Caribbean sailing. 

14 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Glad you got it worked out. I spent alot of time today shopping around and decided to move our group to a Royal Caribbean sailing. 

Thank you, Did Carnival refund your deposits?

Carnival didn't handle this well at all. and it's too bad they lost your booking. I expect you're not the only one. 

1 hour ago, xkritter said:

You likely aren't the only one.  I had a very tempting itinerary saved with RC for the same dates, and it was actually running a bit cheaper than Carnival.  With only $50 deposits on the line, I was very tempted to switch. 

We got abnormally lucky on our assignment, but I wouldn't blame anyone that switches.

9 hours ago, libbyonthelabel said:

Thank you, Did Carnival refund your deposits?

Carnival didn't handle this well at all. and it's too bad they lost your booking. I expect you're not the only one. 

No...so far they are refusing to refund the deposits. At the moment they said they will transfer the deposits to a new booking. I will say the employees I have spoken with have been great and understanding. However the cost of the Carnival trip is substantially more than I what I found on RC and because of the ship and cabin location changes the Carnival cost no longer supports what I would receive.

6 hours ago, xkritter said:

No...so far they are refusing to refund the deposits. At the moment they said they will transfer the deposits to a new booking. I will say the employees I have spoken with have been great and understanding. However the cost of the Carnival trip is substantially more than I what I found on RC and because of the ship and cabin location changes the Carnival cost no longer supports what I would receive.

Wow, I can't believe they won't refund them. It is very shortsighted. I know for me the change in rooms would have been an entirely different cruise experience. I am sorry, that really stinks. I hope you get the deposits back.