Need info on Covid tests results needed before embarkation

Moondoggy51

My wife and I are considering an Alaska cruise/tour in July.  I read the Covid requirements on the Princess website and I'm confused and concerned about how we can complete the test and have acceptable results back when needed.  My concern stems from the fact that our trip would start with Denali land tour first starting in Fairbanks and the test results would be needed before we embark on the cruise 4 days later.  Given that timeframe I'm wondering how we're going to get a Covid Rapid Test taken and results back from the wilds of Alaska beforehand.  Has anyone had this situation?  If so, how did you resolve this?  Our Princess Planner sent me links to two test.  One was a complete self test and the other involved taking the test, inserting it into an overnight UPS pouch and the results would be sent the cruise line and be available to them when we arrive.  Any help on this or recommendations on another acceptable test will be appreciated.

Probably the easiest thing to do is a rapid self-test. Here's a link from the Princess website:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=carnival&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=travel_ready_covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

I personally haven't done the monitored test but have read many positive reviews. I have done the same test that wasn't monitored and it was very easy. I'm not sure how all this testing in Canada is going to work but we are on the first cruise back to Victoria and Vancouver since the pandemic so I'll let you know how that works out. Enjoy your cruise!

I am planning on taking the self-administered proctored test next Thursday.

The test is ordered in advance, by mail.  You cannot open the box until you are on-line with a medical proctor, who checks your ID and observes you open the test packaging and observes you administer the test.  The proctor observes and certifies the test results, and somehow sends you your test results.  All of this is done via smart phone (FaceTime), from what I understand.  It might also be possible through Zoom and the Internet.  

I am not an expert, and I have not yet done it, but I am told that it is simple.  I am hoping it goes well in six days, because in seven days, I plan to be on my way -- I should be checked in for the pre-cruise hotel stay 7 times 24 hours from now!

Great question to ask Princess. Maybe since you started your trip with Princess in Fairbanks to Denali, your testing would be good 48-72 hours before the start of the land tour and still be good for the cruise?

Edited by eagletwo