Test Corona Hamburg

Soptim

Hello, can anyone tell me whether I have to take an official test certificate from an official test station with me when I leave Hamburg or whether a quick test is done on site? Thank you very much. It is about the departure from 17.03.2022

SopTim

Hi SopTim,

I embarked at Hamburg on the QM2 last month, and the guidance (last updated March 9th) seems to be unchanged since then:

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements.pdf

And here:

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail/at-the-terminal#hamburg

You will need to show a certificate of having been tested when you pass through the terminal - if memory serves, it was the first check carried out.

My partner and I used the walk-in antigen/lateral flow test offered by the testing firm at Hamburg airport, which cost around €30. The result was emailed to us very quickly and we simply showed our phone screens to the terminal agent at embarkation. 

Thank you very much for the quick feedback and also the clarification. 
I'm glad I asked again.....I assumed that Cunard would do their own quick test on site. 

Perhaps a service tip for some travellers - in Germany, everyone has the option of a free rapid test. These can be found in the larger cities at the train stations or shopping centres. 

@Soptim Worth noting in Feb that EVERYONE staying on ship in Southampton to continue to the Carribean or NYC was then tested again, free of charge by Cunard on the morning when those departing left the ship.  (as Everyone boarding in Southampton is also tested by the company before boarding -> this is true of nearly all UK departures from Southampton btw as Carnival corp has agreed a process for all their sailings on P&O, Cunard and Princess at current time).

• 1 month later...

Hi.  
We are embarking on QM2 on 22June from Hamburg but arriving on 20th for 2 nights. Is there anywhere close to the port to get an antigen test done . I believe it has to be observed ? Thought we may stay close to the port in Hafencity. 
Any other advice appreciated thanks l. 

@Trinnyessex you pretty sure will find a test station in Hafencity. As mentioned above there was a test station at Miniatur Wunderland operated by the Red Cross. This might be still up and running. There´s a test station near the train station and pretty likely a lot of pharmacies which offer tests.

The QM2 will dock in Steinwerder. This is on the opposite site of the Elbe river in the industrial port area. Hafencity is close to the old Hamburg Cruise Center which is not used anymore.

steamboats

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Morgs1999 said:

Hi

please can anyone advise where you can get the Covid tests for the June sailing? 

Currently (antigen)tests are free for all in Germany. There are hundreds of testcenters including one at the main station but reaaly allover.  The cities official homepage hamburg.com includes and  links many informations about current rules and options.