Do Sunshine Inside Cabins have a refrigerator?

momin05

I know they have added refrigerators in a lot of cabins through the years. But it occurred to me that in all the videos and reviews I have seen showing refrigerators, I wasn’t sure I had seen them in an inside. I just did another internet search and, sure enough, I don’t see them in any inside cabins. Does anyone have recent experience on Sunshine with an inside cabin?  Thanks!

46 minutes ago, momin05 said:

I know they have added refrigerators in a lot of cabins through the years. But it occurred to me that in all the videos and reviews I have seen showing refrigerators, I wasn’t sure I had seen them in an inside. I just did another internet search and, sure enough, I don’t see them in any inside cabins. Does anyone have recent experience on Sunshine with an inside cabin?  Thanks!

We were on 12/26. I used a small cooler with daily ice from our steward. I didn't even look to see if there was a small refrigerator. Son was in cabin next door and he says there was indeed a refrigerator. 

2 hours ago, mondello said:

We were on 12/26. I used a small cooler with daily ice from our steward. I didn't even look to see if there was a small refrigerator. Son was in cabin next door and he says there was indeed a refrigerator. 

Thank you Mondello. Your son was in an inside?  Do you mind me asking what deck?

Your cabin must not have had one because it is hard to imagine you wouldn’t notice…it takes up a lot of space in the cabin!  They usually put them under the desk/vanity, but they protrude. So you can’t put the vanity seat under there, either. 

We have taken a lot of Fantasy class cruises, so I am used to taking the soft side cooler.  I am just organizing a large family cruise and wanted to be able to tell people whether to expect a fridge. 

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

All the Sunshine rooms I've been in have had a fridge. And they've all been inside rooms.

Thank you mz-s. That is awesome. I know you have sailed Sunshine from Chas several times recently and I have read all your posts to get reacquainted (and learn new port protocols since restart). We have sailed several times from Chas but it has been a while.  Even before Covid, our last couple of cruises were out of Jax. 

I might be back with more questions before June!

12 minutes ago, momin05 said:

Thank you mz-s. That is awesome. I know you have sailed Sunshine from Chas several times recently and I have read all your posts to get reacquainted (and learn new port protocols since restart). We have sailed several times from Chas but it has been a while.  Even before Covid, our last couple of cruises were out of Jax. 

I might be back with more questions before June!

Happy to help! Enjoy, my next one isn't until November but if the right deal comes along I'd love to sail again before then.

3 hours ago, momin05 said:

Thank you Mondello. Your son was in an inside?  Do you mind me asking what deck?

Your cabin must not have had one because it is hard to imagine you wouldn’t notice…it takes up a lot of space in the cabin!  They usually put them under the desk/vanity, but they protrude. So you can’t put the vanity seat under there, either. 

We have taken a lot of Fantasy class cruises, so I am used to taking the soft side cooler.  I am just organizing a large family cruise and wanted to be able to tell people whether to expect a fridge. 

We were moved from Horizon to Sunshine. We had a Lido interior and an upper/lower solo on deck 5 or 6. They moved us to 2 regular, adjacent interior cabins on Deck 2. It was cheaper to book 2 cabins.

I truthfully can't remember if there was a refrigerator. I wasn't in the cabin much and didn't sit at the vanity.

11 minutes ago, mondello said:

We were moved from Horizon to Sunshine. We had a Lido interior and an upper/lower solo on deck 5 or 6. They moved us to 2 regular, adjacent interior cabins on Deck 2. It was cheaper to book 2 cabins.

I truthfully can't remember if there was a refrigerator. I wasn't in the cabin much and didn't sit at the vanity.

Thanks. Between your son’s room and what mz-s said, I think I feel safe saying there is a fridge. Appreciate your reply!

• Thanks 1

The better question is...  Is it an actual fridge or one of those week-kneed things that can't get things  like sodas quite cold enough?   On the Sunrise, we had the latter type, and the steward apologized about it.