What food can you bring on the ship at departure port

Sgwscruiser

Can you bring on a sandwich when you first get on board.  We have a favorite deli in Ft. Lauderdale and would like to bring on a couple sandwiches for us  I know there a deli on board but not the same as a true New York Deli. Who makes a Cirn Beef on rye with 3 slices of Corn Beef and lettuce and Tomato 🤪

TIA

Keith 

Edited by Sgwscruiser

Bring whatever food that you wish as long as it meets other guidelines (plastic bottle, alcohol, etc.).  Deli sandwich sounds good to me.  I once brought appetizers on a cruise for a sail away party.  Now I bring crackers for my late night cheese snacks.

Removing food that is not sealed is another issue.

Within reason this should be no issue. The issue is generally bringing it off. I would agree that it should be sealed, but a deli sandwich or something similar should be fine as long as you are going to consume onboard. 

Technically, all food brought onboard (by the ship or by passengers or crew) must be sealed, or from a verified source.  A sandwich from a deli wrapped in paper and in a paper bag is not exactly verifiable.  Saying that, can you likely get them onboard, yes.  Just be prepared to lose the food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sgwscruiser said:

Can you bring on a sandwich when you first get on board.  We have a favorite deli in Ft. Lauderdale and would like to bring on a couple sandwiches for us  I know there a deli on board but not the same as a true New York Deli. Who makes a Cirn Beef on rye with 3 slices of Corn Beef and lettuce and Tomato 🤪

TIA

Keith 

What Deli in Fort Lauderdale?

10 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

What Deli in Fort Lauderdale?

New York Marina Deli on SE 17th St. In the strip mall next to the Renaissance hotel.  Best Breakfast and Corn Beef sandwiches in Ft Lauderdale.  Small place but it’s a gem.