Dining package Harmony of the Seas

1 hour ago, cruise.freak said:

We are going on Harmony of the seas mid May. Never been on one of the bigger ships. Is it worth it to do any of the dining packages? Is so which restaurants are great to eat at?

It is always good for us. We usually get a 3 or 5 night package, cuts the price up to 40%. On Harmony we would go with 150 CP, Chop's, Jamies and Wonderland. Wife is allergic to sea food so Izumi would be out. UDP is a little too repetitive, we have had 12 nights specialty on a 15 night transatlantic it was a huge overload.  Happy cruising  

Edited by taglovestocruise

We were on the Harmony a couple weeks ago for 7 nights.  We did not do any specialty dining but I think in the future I would.  In the evening the only complimentary dinner venues are the main dining rooms and the buffet. Also the pizza place - which did not appeal to us. (The Solarium Bistro was closed on our cruise).  The food in the Main Dining room ranged from excellent to terrible and everything in between.

• Like 1

We are booked mid-may on Harmony as well. We are booked at Wonderland. As it my adult daughter and myself, and fancy dining isn't really her style, we have decided to just do that. We may do a few others for lunches. I would rather pick something that really piques my interest and would truly be special, than go to a restaurant that is similar to things available at home. Past cruises, I have always enjoyed the Chef's table as a treat.

Just got off Harmony yesterday and we got the Chops +1 deal.  Chops was excellent & highly recommend it.  We chose Jaimie's Italian as our +1 and it was just okay.

Wanted to do the Izumi Hibachi but couldn't get a reservation, so try to get your reservations booked as early as possible.

Wonderland was on the same floor as our stateroom (12) and walked past it many times and it was never busy.  Menu seems very strange and I guess you have to be in the right frame of mind to eat there.

We were on Harmony early December 2021 & got the UDP for the first time.  We really enjoyed it, went to each specialty restaurant and Park 150 twice.  Wonderland was fun & we liked the food, but I would only do it once.  We made reservations for them all the first night, but they were very good about adjusting our reservation during the week if something came up.  We liked the smaller setting, the ambience of each restaurant & dinner not taking hours to complete (which we found can sometimes happen in MDR).  I would definitely do it again on a larger ship with several restaurants. Next time I would try to take advantage of some of the lunches, too.  Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, MamadawgFL said:

We are booked mid-may on Harmony as well. We are booked at Wonderland. As it my adult daughter and myself, and fancy dining isn't really her style, we have decided to just do that. We may do a few others for lunches. I would rather pick something that really piques my interest and would truly be special, than go to a restaurant that is similar to things available at home. Past cruises, I have always enjoyed the Chef's table as a treat.

How were you able to book? We are May 22 and the "reserve" option is grayed out. I was thinking it would open up as we get closer?

8 hours ago, kruzkraziness said:

How were you able to book? We are May 22 and the "reserve" option is grayed out. I was thinking it would open up as we get closer?

we are not using the dining plan, just booked a single reservation. it's been available for weeks for single reservations, but may not be for a dining plan.

Which SD restaurants are best for picky eaters and kids? Hubby and I have been on many cruises before alone as a couple but this will be our first taking my 8 yo stepdaughter. Trying to decide if we should do a 3 night dining package or stick to pizza, buffet, and MDR.