No Port Info in FSD.

Manbo

Just got off the Pearl and it was a great cruise. However, The FSD no longer provided any port information. In all of my previous cruises there would be a small map of the port area, some information on the currency, etc. 

It didn't matter much to us, but for inexperienced cruisers, it was an issue. Especially at Harvest Caye. It was listed as "Belize City". A large number of people had no idea that there was a beach there and they assumed that they had to purchase an excursion. 

I guess the big take away is to be sure to research your ports on your own before you sail.  

I believe that is is actually several years since we received the detailed port info sheet with map on a NCL cruise. On our last cruises (2018 and 2019), there was instead just a few lines in a "frame" in the Freestyle Daily. Is that what is missing now,  not even any mentioning about that days port?

We last cruised in Jan 2020 and there was a little poster board with some information and an insert that mostly showed shopping but there was a little info. 

My biggest complaint was the listing for Harvest Caye. A lot of folks expected an actual port. 

We sailed on the Escape (November) and Encore (February) and both said the same thing...no info posted about the upcoming port. There was always a large sign with a map and port info. Maybe to make people book excursions?

• Like 1