How are things in Europe currently with the Russia/Ukraine issues?

kstrittm

All,

I am not trying to start a political discussion...  I am scheduled to travel on RSSC this summer from Barcelona to London.  Final payment is due in early April.  I don't quite know what to think of this whole Russia/Ukraine situation.  Are people still traveling in Europe?  What is the vibe like there?  Is anybody else afraid that Putin might do something drastic to NATO countries?  Again, I'm not looking to discuss politics - I am trying to determine if it is safe to travel to Europe given the situation.  I'd really appreciate input from folks living in Europe.  Thanks in advance...

7 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Perfectly safe...until it isn't...and if it isn't, nowhere will be safe. Being on a ship at sea is probably the safest spot you could be.

Would now be a good time to bring up the Lusitania? 😅  Nah

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kstrittm said:

All,

I am not trying to start a political discussion...  I am scheduled to travel on RSSC this summer from Barcelona to London.  Final payment is due in early April.  I don't quite know what to think of this whole Russia/Ukraine situation.  Are people still traveling in Europe?  What is the vibe like there?  Is anybody else afraid that Putin might do something drastic to NATO countries?  Again, I'm not looking to discuss politics - I am trying to determine if it is safe to travel to Europe given the situation.  I'd really appreciate input from folks living in Europe.  Thanks in advance...

Following. We are also sailing Barcelona to London. June 6.

People are still travelling in Europe and we will be cruising this year in Europe and Africa.  However things could change as they can in any region of the world.  All I'd say is to check your  travel insurance cancellation

We are scheduled for cruise this summer in the Mediterranean including Turkey and Greek Islands. I looked at travel insurance and it seems that "acts of war" are not covered. I went to squaremouth.com and tried to search a policy that is "cancel for any reason" and so far have not found one.  

In addition to the "war worries", reports of rapidly rising cases of the new covid variant across Europe must be scaring some people from booking. We are scheduled on Voyager in mid-April and are beginning to think we may be making a mistake. But we have passed the last cancel day; so keeping fingers crossed.

Currently travel in Europe is not being impacted by the war in Ukraine apart from the Black Sea and  St Petersburg areas. Certainly cruising in the Med or Western Europe not effected at the moment. As for COVID, most travel restrictions, need for vaccination documents etc have now been dropped but do check travel advice on government websites for each country as they do vary.

I certainly would not be over worried right now.

Edited by Belfast Taxman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1