buying voom surf before sailing

I think my DH will want web access and I hate to overspend when we board. I waited so it is now 17.99. day for one device. Still considering adding a second but I’m ok unplugging figuring we stop four times and if I can find free wifi I can quick login right? Anyway-what is the most recent cost people have seen once onboard. Curious how much I’d be saving to get it now.

31 minutes ago, Laurba99 said:

I think my DH will want web access and I hate to overspend when we board. I waited so it is now 17.99. day for one device. Still considering adding a second but I’m ok unplugging figuring we stop four times and if I can find free wifi I can quick login right? Anyway-what is the most recent cost people have seen once onboard. Curious how much I’d be saving to get it now.

Just use his log in on your device onboard when he is not using it. Don't worry about it, if you absolutely must have internet access. We were just talking about that. We get some free days on loyalty and the last day will be really cheap. Not really concerned about it. 

• Like 1

My wife has a small business so she feels that she needs to have internet access to check in and occasionally monitor.  We buy one stream package and I will use it for 10 minutes in the morning to catch-up on world and sporting events and to check-in to the airline the day before we leave.  Vey easy to swap users on one RCI package

I am going to be on the Jewel the end of this month.   Last October, I bought the Voom Surf package from my Cruise Planner at $10.99 a day and I haven't seen it lower than that since.   It's been anywhere from $12.99-$17.99 a day.  Today it is $15.99 a day via the Planner.  

The pricing changes daily.   So glad I bought last October (and I thought it was too much $ then) but I figured I could cancel and repurchase if the price went lower, which it hasen't.   The same with the drink package - it's only gone up in price.   

Maybe someone who has been on your ship recently (or is on there now) could post what the prices for Voom have been advertised for in the daily newsletter.   But the pricing on your particular sailing might be more, or less.   You could always purchase Voom before you sail and check your price daily to see if goes down (if it does, cancel and repurchase).   

There is someone who posted the Compass newsletters on the Symphony from last November and on the first day the Surf and Stream package was advertised at 20% off.   But it didn't say off what....

You can get free Internet access at many port stops.   But you can both use the same package on board if one person logs out and the other logs in.  Or you can both use the same login.  It's just that two people cannot use the same Voom package at the same time on different devices.   

6 hours ago, Laurba99 said:

Anyway-what is the most recent cost people have seen once onboard.

Other than a few on board sales, it's almost never cheaper on board. The price also varies by ship but this is typical.

IMG_0240.thumb.JPG.cd1e7483dea8afb98241b79a596f4b08.JPG