Baltic on Sky Princess - do we think these 2022 summer cruises will go to the Baltic?

Traderboy

We now know that Enchanted Princess will be based in Southampton in summer 2022.

Also that Baltic Sea cruises have been cancelled.

What about Sky Princess?  Of course we already know that she will not be calling at St Petersburg.

How confident can we be that she will still cruise the Baltic Sea in May July and September?

We’re booked on her for the Baltic in September and have every faith that we will sail to the Baltic. Ports may change but I don’t believe they will cancel it.

Enchanted has had her Baltic season cancelled primarily because many US travellers were cancelling as SPB was the biggest reason to fly so far. Whereas Sky will be primarily U.K. citizens that will (in general) be happy to still sail the Baltic without SPB. 

• Like 1

I would start thinking about plan B or C.  At this point, anything could happen and it could change even again after that.  If you are “go with the flow” kind of people, then just accept whatever new adventure is thrown your way.  If you are absolutely bent on a certain itinerary, then I hope you have cancellation insurance.  Myself, I’d be in for whatever it is.

Edited by Lady Arwen
Spelling

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Too early to say for that far out...but my personal opinion? No.  But that's only worth the proverbial 2 cents!  I suspect that for the May sailings at least...they will cancel.

Not sure why you would say that. 

The majority of cruise companies are continuing to cruise in the Baltic this summer. 

On 3/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, joeecco said:

We’re booked on her for the Baltic in September and have every faith that we will sail to the Baltic. Ports may change but I don’t believe they will cancel it.

Enchanted has had her Baltic season cancelled primarily because many US travellers were cancelling as SPB was the biggest reason to fly so far. Whereas Sky will be primarily U.K. citizens that will (in general) be happy to still sail the Baltic without SPB. 

On 3/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, joeecco said:

We're booked on her for the Baltic in September and have every faith that we will sail to the Baltic. Ports may change but I don’t believe they will cancel it.

Certainly not certain but as a cruiser on the 8/22 Enchanted Baltic (I watched with interest cabin availability, etc) it appeared that ship remained relatively full even after expected SPB cancel.

Of course final payment was not due yet but I doubt Princess management was smart enough to 

read the minds of these booked passengers. My guess (worth no more than yours) was that they saw a 'better' opportunity with shorter cruises from Southampton geared more to UK market.