Current Koningsdam Internet Cost?

Tigrou

Is there anyone currently on Koningsdam who could clarify the internet costs please?

I've seen posts with a chart showing the cost of a 7-day 'surf' package as $99.99 but a recent post reported it now costs $169.99.  Which seems to be a huge increase to happen all at once.

Online it's offering me 7 days 'premium' for $109.99.  I don't need 'premium' and I'd rather not pay ahead because I want to use OBC for it, but will do if it will save me $60.

2 hours ago, Tigrou said:

I've seen posts with a chart showing the cost of a 7-day 'surf' package as $99.99 but a recent post reported it now costs $169.99

I think that the dearer price was for a cruise to Hawaii, which is not 7 days.  I think the poster was not comparing apples to apples. 

I have been on the cruise for 2 -7 days cruises.  I am still on the ship now. I bought internet on the very first day.  It was $169 minus my $30 Mariner perk.  I’m not confused in any way nor is this a trip to Hawaii.  It was 2 Mexico cruises.  You can take your chance and wait and hope the price comes down before your cruise.  Without a doubt it was $99 in November.  The front desk confirmed it’s gone up substantially.  Maybe they are trying to force people into have it all.  I did purchase the have it all last minute for my second cruise.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

No this is a trip to Mexico.

Sorry,  I misread your post.

That is a substantial increase.

Any possibility you could ask the front desk (or the Internet manager, who previously had a desk beside the front desk) to give you a copy of the latest rates?

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Any possibility you could ask the front desk (or the Internet manager, who previously had a desk beside the front desk) to give you a copy of the latest rates?

I will try to find it from an onboard source before disembarkation on Sunday.  

• Thanks 1

There used to be a person to help with your internet queries on the ship.  I don’t see anything listed now.  I know there are computers right by the exploration cafe but I’ve never seen it “manned”.  I could be missing it.  Hopefully the front desk has it.  I’m supposed to meet with the front desk manager so he may have it to.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Thank you for asking me to do this.  I went down to the front desk because I had a few more things to sort out.  The guy prints out the chart like we’ve all seen.  He says 7 days is the $99.  I asked why I got charged $169 then minus the $30. He has no idea he has to look into it.  I brought this issue up already and they told me the internet had gone way up.  In the mean time I booked the second week online for $109.  Then last minute I upgraded to have it all.  The front desk guy figures out that the $169 was for the 2 weeks!  I had no reason to believe it was as I had separate booking numbers.  I don’t think it said it was for 2 weeks when I bought it but I can’t swear to it.  I had to buy 2 packages in November but clearly things have changed.  Nothing like paying for a package 4 times.  I’ve had a lot of eyes on my account because of all the issues I’ve had and no one else noticed this. Thank you again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigrou said:

Is there anyone currently on Koningsdam who could clarify the internet costs please?

I've seen posts with a chart showing the cost of a 7-day 'surf' package as $99.99 but a recent post reported it now costs $169.99.  Which seems to be a huge increase to happen all at once.

Online it's offering me 7 days 'premium' for $109.99.  I don't need 'premium' and I'd rather not pay ahead because I want to use OBC for it, but will do if it will save me $60.

When i was on the Rotterdam last October for an 11 day cruise the price of the internet onboard was nearly twice as much as paid for in advance. On my upcoming Rotterdam 7 day cruise the pre purchase premium internet package is $99 for 7 days. I will prepurchase again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thank you for asking me to do this.

Haha!  You are welcome.  I wish every one was as enthusiastically positive as you,  when I ask them to do something 😉

Hope you get reimbursed swiftly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Haha!  You are welcome.  I wish every one was as enthusiastically positive as you,  when I ask them to do something 😉

Hope you get reimbursed swiftly.

I hope so too.  This will be the first time I walk off the ship with a pretty big credit.  Unfortunately all the debits will be waiting on my credit card.

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thank you for asking me to do this.  I went down to the front desk because I had a few more things to sort out.  The guy prints out the chart like we’ve all seen.  He says 7 days is the $99.  I asked why I got charged $169 then minus the $30. He has no idea he has to look into it.  I brought this issue up already and they told me the internet had gone way up.  In the mean time I booked the second week online for $109.  Then last minute I upgraded to have it all.  The front desk guy figures out that the $169 was for the 2 weeks!  I had no reason to believe it was as I had separate booking numbers.  I don’t think it said it was for 2 weeks when I bought it but I can’t swear to it.  I had to buy 2 packages in November but clearly things have changed.  Nothing like paying for a package 4 times.  I’ve had a lot of eyes on my account because of all the issues I’ve had and no one else noticed this. Thank you again.

Thank you for confirming that the price chart is still as I've seen posted, and that 7 days is $99.  

I'm glad that in the process of helping me you were able to save some money yourself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laminator said:

When i was on the Rotterdam last October for an 11 day cruise the price of the internet onboard was nearly twice as much as paid for in advance. On my upcoming Rotterdam 7 day cruise the pre purchase premium internet package is $99 for 7 days. I will prepurchase again. 

So it wasn't the same price chart as I've seen posted, and as Florida_gal_50 has been shown today on board Koningsdam?

13 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

Thank you for confirming that the price chart is still as I've seen posted, and that 7 days is $99.  

I'm glad that in the process of helping me you were able to save some money yourself. 

Yes, that was a great side benefit for sure. I wished they would have noted that when I first asked.  Next time I'll be super careful when I buy internet.  Thankfully the credit has already been posted.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

So it wasn't the same price chart as I've seen posted, and as Florida_gal_50 has been shown today on board Koningsdam?

The only pre cruise option I have to buy internet is the Premium Internet plan for, and I made a mistake earlier, $109.99. I will be purchasing that closer to the cruise.

image.png.f4164cf6b5bb1b1002ab4ea51d0b5d89.png