Enchanted Princess March/April/2023?

Raisinette

Hello,

I'm booked on the March 9/23 16 day transatlantic ending in Barcelona on March 25.  I'm toying with the idea of doing a B2B with the next cruise, but there doesn't seem to be a 'next' cruise.  I can't seem to see anything for this ship until the April 15/23 departure from Barcelona.

Does anyone know what this ship will be doing for the missing 3 weeks?

thanks,

Becky

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked the 21 day Best of the Mediterranean sailing out of Barcelona on May6,2023.  
This will be our first cruise post Covid. Are private tours allowed these days?  
So looking forward to sailing again!!

On 3/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, Raisinette said:

I think I've found the answer - as suggested by Perky1 - there does appear to be a scheduled drydock from March 25-April 15/23. I saw this noted in the CruiseDeckPlans website.

Regards,

Becky

Seems a little unusual to have a 2 week drydock on a ship that has only been operational for about 1 year.  Wonder why?

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Seems a little unusual to have a 2 week drydock on a ship that has only been operational for about 1 year.  Wonder why?

It was launched however in 2019 and due to covid it’s maiden voyage was 2021.  It’s been in the water for 3 years, so it’s time for dry dock.

By law, cruise ships are required to dry dock at least every three years. However, some cruise lines periodically dry dock their ships in order to carry out improvements and in some cases, complete refurbishments.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...